Ibanez Neck-thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Neck-thru

Ibanez introduced here in Italy the RGT series,with thru necks.Is there here someone from japan that can explain Mr. Ibanez that his guitars will never be like Jacksons? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Btw,here go the pics

Re: Ibanez Neck-thru

Comment

There's been a couple of neck-thru Ibanez guitars out here for over a year now.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ibanez made neckthru guitars long before Jackson was even around.........And those there look like some fine guitars..........

Comment

Other than the NAME, what's wrong with those? For an Ibanez, I think they look pretty decent!

(Disclaimor: I'm not saying that just because I have a Ibanez on the way!)

I had a pair of RG565's that I thought were REALLY cool. Maple neck, reverse headstocks with PAINT MATCHING color inlays. They played very nice and sounded HOT - almost too hot. Not noisy, but LOUD! Stupidly got rid of them. Then, I went through my Yamaha Pacifica phase...

Comment

Wow! That top one looks sweet! Why is it that more people don't mount the pickups directly to the body like that? I think it looks cool and shouldn't it create a better tonal bridge between the pickups and the wood?

Comment

Shame on me!
              Sorry guys but here in Italy there has never been an ibanez neckthrough! [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a RG42t , Which is the black pearl one and it sounds pretty good and feels pretty good. I do like my esp mh 300 better , its neck thru and made of mahogany ( unlike the basswood body that the 42t has ) and has a quilted maple top and is about the same price.

Comment

I played one of these in a store recently. Now admittedly it was thru' a Marshall combo and I hate the Marshall sound but while the guitar played all right, good action and nice low tension feel in the strings, the thing sounded like a piece of crap, very thin and not what I would have expected to heawr from a neck thru' guitar.

Put it this way, I didn't feel any need or desire to replace my musicyo neck thru' Baretta FR404S/D with one of these Ibanez things.

[ January 07, 2003, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: elrrek ]

Comment

I think it's nice to see some neck-through RG's!
                    But I'm sure they will be waaaaay overpriced here in Sweden, like everything else! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

But the neck-through Baretta's were actually quite cheap 2-3 years ago if I remember correctly.
                    Now you gotta buy a used one if you want one. I haven't seen them for sale in any shop for a while!

Anders
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

o.O I never thought Ibanez was trying to be like Jackson.

^.^ those do look pretty sweet though. I always liked Ibanez's pointyness, and solid heavy look, even though most are very light [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, there's two Ibanez neckthrough models... One is the rg 42t which is a korean made, Lo trsII trem, Ibanez stock pups, baswood body...pos if I may say so... and then there is the RG3210T.
                        It is a prestige guitar, made in Japan, Lo-pro edge, Dimarzio pups, mahogny body with a flame maple top. Top of the line...

So do not generalize... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ November 23, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: KE ]
                          I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Mt friend just picked up that guitar about a month ago. His is an RGT42FMTR or something close to that. Flame maple top, red finish, Korean made. Jackson did not invent neck through guitars (see Gibson, BC Rich...) so what the significance of that is I don't know. Anyway, this guitar doesn't quite sound as good as a Jackson (although it probably plays as well) but at $700 compared to $2000 for a US Jackson, why should it?? For $700 though this thing is a lot of guitar. I have played it and the build quality, setup, finish, fretwork etc. etc. were all spot on. For that price range, this sure is one to consider.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the first true neckthrough guitar was Les Paul's "The Log" thing. Then he attached some wings to make it look more like a guitar. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X