Hardatail... neckthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardatail... neckthrough

I want to buy a neckthrough hardtail, with 24 frets.

What would you reckomend? I have been thinking about the SLSMG. or pherhaps a used KE1 or KV1.
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Hardatail... neckthrough

Jackson doesn't make any hardtail guitars! (Unless you go with the SweeTone models). [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] They make string-thru guitars with TOM bridges.

This is a hardtail.

[ January 06, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That Carvin is Sweeeeeeeeet [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I love the Carvin FT6 hardtail bridge, it`s a palm muters dream [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I am thinking a New Carvin in 2003 if they come out with a little thicker neck profile [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

[ January 06, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

What I think KE means is that he wants a guitar without a floyd rose.

Comment

Originally posted by shape shift:
          What I think KE means is that he wants a guitar without a floyd rose.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I know what he meant, was just busting his balls, because technically that bridge on my Carvin is a "hardtail". The hardtail bridge was the name originally coined by Fender for their non-trem guitars. I also do own a hardtail Fender, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
            That Carvin is Sweeeeeeeeet [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I love the Carvin FT6 hardtail bridge, it`s a palm muters dream [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I am thinking a New Carvin in 2003 if they come out with a little thicker neck profile [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Jack! I love this guitar, but have been thinking of actually selling it since I play my SC90 much more which I think feels and plays a little better, but I have been debating throwing in two EMG 89s and some of their active midrange, treble, bass booster circuits, possibly. I love the neck profile. This one I got off ebay and discovered it's got a laminated five-piece maple/walnut neck with NS (No Show option) so the flame covers the stripes and they can only be seen on the back of the body and neck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the KV-1 is the only Jackson that fits your description.

At lower prices, either a Carvin or the Schecter C-1+ Classic are good choices for what you are looking for. Carvin has a bit more 'shred-worthy' neck than the C-1, though.

Comment

Toejam, let me know if you sell the Carvin!! Does it have a regular or reverse headstock? Jack.

Comment

Toejam, let me know if you sell the Carvin!! Does it have a regular or reverse headstock? Jack.

Comment

A carvin might be a good idea. Iknow that Jackson doesn't currently make a USA hardtail (except the RR1T, but it's limited). And as far as I know all non-trem guitars are hardtails? I never said anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll let you know. It's got the regular headstock.

Comment

Another possibility: MusicYo makes a Kramer Baretta hardtail: FX-424S or something like that. Check on their site. Incredibly dirt cheap--I'm thinking of getting one myself. neck-thru, 24 frets, and a string-thru hardtail. Pretty good deal.

Comment

KE, I have a KE1 that I need to sell. Let me know if you interested.

[email protected]

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be Carvin, Kramer or a used KE1. BCRiches were too expensive, though they are really sweet...

Comment

Working...
                            X