Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocasters

What are your opinions on this guitar?

No, I don't plan on buying one for a while..... LOL.. too expensive for me right now.

Re: Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocasters

The newest version has an extra-deep cutaway to accomodate a large gut. Hope this helps.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Geez guys, everytime his name is brought up there's a fat joke! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:
        The newest version has an extra-deep cutaway to accomodate a large gut. Hope this helps.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually that would be a good selling point for me!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just like whenever there's mention of Rob Halford, talk instantly detours to Bill. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

I have Fender YJM Strat, '70s headstock, blonde finish, dimarzios...just like Yngwie's "duck" strat. Its really easy to get used to the scalloped frets. I think the best part is its awesome for bends...you can really grab ahold of the string and make it sing! They have 3 versions of the YJM strat: '50s style w/small headstock (discontinued) '70s style w/large hs made in Japan (discontinued) and the '70s style made in USA.

Comment

Hey Word
                I have had Two of them and thery are real cool
                but the action is never going to be as low as a jackson but you don't need it that low also the Singles in them are not metal pickups they are real sweet sounding but you will need the right amp

i am thinking about buying another one someday soon

and the cut out for the gut works great for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've have a project guitar in the past with a scalloped board, felt and played great. I was just curious though because if I were ever going to buy a Fender, I'd buy one of these. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one from '92. Sonic blue, birdseye maple neck. It was great, but you really couldn't get a great metal tone out of it. I love scalloped fretboards.
                    In fact, my 85 Rhoads has a scalloped board. Not sure if they are factory or not...does anyone know if they offered this option back then?

Comment

With a YJM Strat, you could probably unleash the f**king fury! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X