How do I get the pickguard off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the pickguard off

I have a flying v copy and I cant get the pickguard off. The studs for the bridge are like on top of it so I cant take it off the guitar. How do I get it off?

Re: How do I get the pickguard off

Not knowing exactly which Flying V copy you have, it may be necessary to remove the entire bridge assembly, including the posts. This may be the only way to access or remove the pickguard.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Its a cheesy Essex copy, it has a tuneomatic bridge on it. How would I get the studs out and then put them back in? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

You don't neccisarily have to remove the bridge studs...but you do have to un-string it, and take the bridge off of it to get the pickguard off. That was a downfall of a '67 style Flying V.
        Kinda makes it difficult for any mods to to be made to it.

Comment

I did that, the studs are still holding it down [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] theres like a lip on it that is on top of the pickguard

Comment

I got the studs out, the reason I didnt try was because I thought they were glued in. Thanks for the help

Comment

No prob for the help dude...anytime!

That sux! "Let's make a bad design even worse, by making the end owner work a little harder to mod this guitar"...LOL! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X