• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steinberger survey

im sure they play pretty nice but they are the ugliest things iv ever seen

[ December 29, 2002, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Explorer77 ]

Re: Steinberger survey

I had a real Steinberger M-Series for about ten years. It was okay, but I sold it foir a lot of reasons:

— I never fully got over the headless feature, my thumb kept jumping off the end of the neck

— the headless design yielded a looser string tension that I didn't like

— the frets were only mediums, but that was necessary because of the zero fret

— I didn't like the neck profile

— the graphite neck was super-heavy; but it wasn't neck-heavy because the body was made of Maple, which made the whole instrument really heavy

— the TransTrem sat really high over the surface of the body

I still have a solid graphite L-Series bass, which I like even though it's very heavy (especially for its size). And I want to try out the MusicYo GP2R, which seems to me like a King V with some parts amputated.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Steinberger survey

I just bought a Steinberger GU guitar from Music Yo and this guitar is a blast to play. Small and compact, pickups sound pretty good and very easy to play. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

I bought the GP2R about 6 months ago to use as a travel guitar. About the only thing I don't like about it is the neck profile and the way it "hangs" when using a strap. Otherwise, it sounds decent (I use it with a Korg PX4) and fits in the overhead bin on all aircraft. It is very sturdy and rarely goes out of tune (I keep the bridge locked). Also, the puzzled look on the security peoples faces is priceless... "It's an electric guitar, McFly!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I had the GL-4T 'canoe paddle' guitar w/Trans trem years ago. I loved its playability and sound at the time. I only sold it because it desperately needed a fret job (which I couldn't afford), plus the TransTrem was all messed up, and I couldn't find anyone who knew how to work on it. Of course, this was all pre-Internet--now I'd just log onto the JCF and find out all I needed to know!

But that doesn't have a lot to do with the Steinberger GU, does it? I've only played one of those once, in a used guitar store. Seemed nice enough for a cheaper import guitar. Of all the stuff at MusicYo, that would probably be my second choice behind one of the Kramer neck-thru Barettas, which are slightly cheaper than the wooden Steinbergers.

Comment

Working...
          X