Schecter C-1 Stealth!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter C-1 Stealth!!!!

After alot of careful thought and looking into my needs for an alternative tuning guitar sans Floyd, I think this is about the best deal out there. I can't afford a Les paul and after owning a couple I've come to the conclusion that the LP body style doesn't suit me, but the sound does. I am a Strat style body addict and this thing has the best of both worlds between an LP and a Strat. It even comes with two Seymour Duncan buckers, Distortion in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, 2 vol, 1 tone and 3 way toggle switch, 24 jumbo frets, no inlays except for the 12th fret has a tribal inlay, full body neck and head binding, Tonepros bridge, string through body and black hardware. It's all mahogony and maple. I think this thing will smoke. If any of you guys have played one let me know. Musicians Friend has them as an exclusive and I'm getting it in a trade for an Epiphone reject guitar I sent back to them.

Re: Schecter C-1 Stealth!!!!

Also the fretboard is ebony!
    Lots of nice features for a low-dollar axe.
    Good Luck!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks dude. It just plain beat out the DKMGT in features. Mostly due to the Seymour Duncan pickups and the looks. I'm going to grind on it hardcore. Can't wait.

Comment

good choice...she looks great!

Comment

The Fretboard is NOT Ebony. Just played one Monday at GC. Not a BAD guitar by any means. Neck is a tad fat for my tastes but it'd definitely a looker!

Comment

Are you sure it was a STEALTH at GC? I thought MF had the exclusive on that one... It may have been a C1 Elite - the one with abolone body & neck binding. The Stealth just has white binding and two Duncan exposed coil pickups. Looks cool - quite enticing.

Comment

Damnit Chris! I was 100% sure until you made that post... Now you have me doubting myself! hahah It DEFINITELY wasn't an Elite though. This one was Black with Ivory binding and one inlay on the 12th fret (Double Diamonds I think?).

Isn't Musicians Friend and Guitar Center one and the same? The only reason I thought that was when I went to shop online at guitarcenter.com it toom me straight to Musicians Friend?

Hell, what do I know? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, GC bought out MF, so they are one in the same. I'm not sure if they still get specials and designate certain models through MF and others through GC or not.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dosen't GC own mf? [img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] Never mind!

[ December 27, 2002, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: skidd ]
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Troy, the double diamond inlay C-1 is basicaly the same as the Stealth, but the Stealth has a tribal inlay. I think the C-1 you played has a JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. The Stealth has a Distortion in the bridge. I should have it in a couple to 3 weeks. I have given up on new Jacksons for now. It'll be May or June before I would be able to get anything else anyway and I need this Schecter like right now. My bar band days are about to be relived. We are metalizing old country drinking songs and covering a few others. Remember Elton Jon's song "Saturday Night" being re-done by Flotsom and Jetsom? We are thinking about trashing "Daniel". I need to be in drop D for most of this. I already got my guitar parts and my buddy has the bass parts down, our drummer needs to gethis together. We're just doing this for fun. I think this Schecter C-1 Stealth should do exactly what I need. Thanks guys for the replies.

Comment

If it had an Ebony board, you can bet MF would tout that in the product description. If it doesn't mention what the board is made of (and it doesn't), it's Rosewood.
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Althought I'm not 100% sure, I'm pretty confident that you'll not see ANY Diamond Series Schecter's with Ebony boards.

Schecter makes some GREAT guitars for the money though!

Comment

Yeah - I doubt it as far as the Ebony board. That's a little too much for an import under $500. Nice guitars though. Good quality part for a VERY resonable price. I've always like them.

Comment

I decided against the Schecter C-1 Stealth. I got to play a C-1 Elite with the same setup as the Stealth. I didn't like the neck and it had a sound that was less than desirable TO ME. I think I'm going to go with another Fender Tom Delong Strat. It had the sound and the feel I'm looking for and is a good candidate for new pickup configurations. Plus it has a C shape neck and that is the ideal shape for my hands. Schecter is a damn good guitar, but the neck feels like the LP I just got rid of. This is what happens when I think out loud on the net. Thanks for all the input guys.

Comment

Working...
                            X