Question for the Dean gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Dean gurus

What is thought of the Dean '79 series? More specificaly, the V in that series. How are they for playing and quality? I've heard very good things about Dean, but haven't had the opportunity to play one yet. They are all US made aren't they? Thanks for any info on this.

Re: Question for the Dean gurus

The 79 series are Korean, I think. They are not us made, for sure. I've never played one.

The Time Capsule Z I had was a fantastic guitar. Absolutely flawless construction and amazing build quality. Equal in quality and attention to detail to my GMP. 24.75 scale and pointy meant I couldn't gel with it, but that dosen't mean I couldn't appreciate it!

Comment

You're right Chuck, the '79s are Korean - but very high quality - not TC quality but very good I'm told. Dean is one of the few US companies that doesn't have Sammick make their imports. They are supposedly inspected @ Dean before they ship to the dealers. At $500 w/case, I would think they are a very nice deal.

JK

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! One more question. How do they compare to the Gibson Faded series? The gibsons are a bit more pricewise, but I haven't heard great things about Gibson lately. I want a V without a trem and these two seem to be the only decent ones out there that won't bankrupt me. Thanks again for the input. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I looked at the Faded Gibsons before purchasing a V Select. The Dean was far superior in build quality and features, not to mention a bit less $$$. The only mod I am considering is a pickup swap.

Comment

go with the DEAN, Gibsons IMO are not very good untill U hit the $1000+ mark, or at least thats were ive found the high quality guitars start.

Comment

I gotta say, the new Dean '79 series is an amazing guitar, for any dollar!

I've got a white "Z" with black binding on the body, neck and headstock. It's one of the coolest guitars I've purchased in along time, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I've got an 85 Gibson Explorer... this new Dean is so much better.

It plays so smooth, the neck is a shallow, soft V shape, wonderfull to my hands, I know I'm gushing but man, if you want a string through guitar, and non-soloist type body shape, try one man.. I can't imagine too much better.. It really is great!

Oh, I should mention the set neck, the way it joins the body?.. seamless.. absolutely seamles.. a nice gentle slope from neck to body, amazing work

I love my Jacksons, and my Charvels.. but to be perfectly honest, my new Dean is my favorite guitar right now, out of about 10 or so others.

Comment

Working...
              X