BC Rich NJ series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich NJ series?

They seem to about the same price as the Jackson imports and I was thinkin of gettin either a WRMG or NJ series rich...
    how do the Rich's stand up?
    Where are the NJ's made?

Re: BC Rich NJ series?

NJs are made in Korea....and theyre great guitars!

Comment

Yeah, I have an older NJ series Virgin- or at least old enough to still have the black hardware instead of that crappy looking "cosmo black" But anyway, the neck is awesome, and the the pick-ups are pretty good for being stock imo. Also, the lisenced floyd on it works really well, it never comes out of tune. Great import.

Comment

yeah the hardware color is the worst ever [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but if you don't mind that and you like the widowheadstock.. they're great the balance isn't that great on some models though..

Comment

i think NEW NJ's sell for around 5-600?

for that price if your not afraid of the used market & dont mind evilbay U could probably find a USA neckthru. if U like Kahler trem U could buy a USA with a KAHLER for sure in that price range.

my friend has an new (almost a yr old) NJ warlock and its real nice, pickups arent BAD, frets are nicely finished, & plays real nice after it was set up properly guitar sinner did a crap job settin his up, BUT it doesnt compare to my USA neckthru warlock & i payed less for my USA than he payed for his NJ, so u can find good deals.

Comment

so the general consensus is that if they are set up right there fairly good?
            How do they stack upto the new Jackson Imports (i have a DK2)?

Comment

I don't like the feel at all. I have owned my share of BC Rich guitars and these new chesswood axes kinda suck in my opinion. Chesswood by the way is close to mahogony. Hot rod your DK2 and you wont need a BC Rich NJ. Look around for one of the mid to late 90's NJ's that were made of alder. They smoke the new ones IMHO. I just got out of my " I need a Warlock phase " so I have checked out alot of new BC Rich NJ's. If it works for you then go for it. The DK2 has a way better feel and the neck is smoother due to it not being painted. My best advice is to check it out and not only once, but several times. If it sounds good to you with the stock pickups, then you know it would sound way better with Duncans. DiMarzios or EMGs. I just was let down when I finaly got to check em out for the first time. I played the Warlock, Mockingbird, Virgin, Assassin and Bich. I realy hated the Widow headstock and the neck just felt weird. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

i had amocking bird neck thru and a warlock bolt on and both were very neck heavy, but mine were basses
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                X