Saw an old BC Rich today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw an old BC Rich today...

Or is it a BC Rich? I'm really not sure....

It didn't seem to say anything like NJ Series or anything, and it looked pretty old. But instead of saying Rich on it it said BC Rico. It is a neck-thru Mockinbird bass. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It had a logo like this, only it didn't say NJ Series, and instead of Rich, it had Rico on there:

What is it? Any idea how old it could be? These guys carry some vintage stuff, so I was just curious.

Re: Saw an old BC Rich today...

Well Rico is the last name of the guy who started BC Rich I believe.

Comment

I've seen some of those before. They look like they're well made. I have heard that Bernie sold the company a while back, and started producing guitars under the B.C.Rico name for a while. I don't know if this is true, it is just something someone told me.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Rico is the new company of Bernie Jr (in no way affiliated with BC Rich), drumcityguitarland had the first bunch of their guitars for sale. But don't quote me on that one.

Comment

The old BC Rico guitars were made in Japan and were the first NJ Series guitars.........

Comment

Thank you for helping to shed light Accept!

Comment

yep any guitar with that type logo is an import

BCRico's IMO were the best imports they made & were closest to USA specs.

Comment

Oh ok, thanks guys. It looked well made to me, just the original owner beat it to death!

Comment

yep the Warlocks bich & i think mockingbird were slightly different. import warlocks are smaller bodies than USA, USA bichs have much sharper angles & early USA 's have what is now called a deep cut, because its still available . ACCEPT were do u live if your close to long Island NY your welcome to come & try MY USA Rich's U just might like em. my eagle is by far the best playing guitar i own, but u kinda have to like medium/big rounded necks

Comment

All the USA Riches I've had were Class Axe. Before I got them, I didnt believe all the stuff about them being bad, but once I got them, they were very poorly made....I'd like to find a nice pre-class axe Bich one day............

Comment

Closest to USA specs? I thought they were better. My first BC was one of those. I went through 3 USAs, 2 Japans, and 2 Koreas to find a BC like it, and never did..........I'm sure I'll find a USA BC that I like one day, but with all the crap theyve made and slapped their name on, the pickings for real BCs is quite slim..........

Comment

Working...
                      X