Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican Fender with 22 frets and 2 point trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Fender with 22 frets and 2 point trem?

I was at my local guitar shop today and was talking to the owner. I told him about the "Fender/Jackson" buyout as he didn't know. I asked him if there was any news about new models as I am hoping for a HM Strat re-release or close to it. He said he had ordered 4 Mexican Strats and they came in with a 2 point trem and 22 frets. He thought they were the Highway 101 Strats, but they were "Made in Mexico". He said thats how they are going to be from now on. Any of you guys heard about this or have seen this. Very curious.

Re: Mexican Fender with 22 frets and 2 point trem?

I haven't heard anything about that yet. The Hwy 1 strats are the vintage style trem not the two point fulcrum trem thats on the US Series strats. I doubt Fender would put 22 frets on a mxn strat they would have to retool the machines to acomodate the longer finger board or the longer neck heal. All though it wouldnt be that much. I doubt it would happen. But you never know.
    Gil

Comment

Re: Mexican Fender with 22 frets and 2 point trem?

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe the shop owner forgot his pills today. Maybe there could be a splinter of truth to it though. The Cyclone and Tornado have 22 frets. Squire puts 2 point trems on their higher end stuff. Could it be that they will split their Start line up and make a MIM Standard Strat and then keep the vintage series? You never know. I was looking at MF and they don't have any in stock at all. Most of everything they are advertising is not in stock. I hear that the winter NAMM is going to be a deal for new models from Fender and Ibanez. Hope Jackson is in the mix somewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X