Kramer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer question

The store I got my Model 3A at also had an old (Beat up) Kramer. Were the banana headstock ones USA models or ESP's?

This one was white, one hum, Floyd, and had a name after the Kramer logo on the headstock, I dont remember what it said but I think there was a "1" in there somewhere. (I was to busy checking out the Charvel 3A I bought so I didn't look at the Kramer that long).

It was less than $200 Worth it?

Re: Kramer question

It sounds like an XL1, which was a cheapie entry-level guitar.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The ones to keep an eye open for have the hockey stick headstock that tilts back and isn't a straight across headstock like a Fender.

Comment

The ones that tilt back are ESPs. The non-tilts are American made, IIRC. This is on the Pacer & Berattas.

Comment

huh???

Comment

Did I err?

The Pacer & Baretta series guitars were American at first - they had either the early "strattish" classic headstock, or (for a year or 2) a hockey stick design that was not tilted back with a scarf joint. Later, these lines were ESP made and had the "tilting" scarf joint.

The cheaper series - Focus, Striker, etc. were never American made, although the Focus WAS ESP and good quality for the price. I don't think I'd even look at anything cheaper than the focus line.

Right?

Comment

The easiest way to tell is the neckplate. The made in USA guitars all say "Made in USA", the foreign ones just say "Neptune NJ". Also, the serial number is a helpful guide--any guitar with a serial # starting with the letters A through D is American made. After that, I'm not sure.

Comment

Well, a lot of American made models had the "Neptune NJ" Neckplate without the "made in USA" on it.

My 86 Pacer being one of them, I'm the original owner so I know it's history.

"Some" USA models had an "E" in the serial number.

I spied a fairly rare, all-original Condor with an OFR and non-tilt hockey headstock for sale at a local store, I'm gonna grab it up I think.

Comment

either come visit us on the kramer forum or go to www.vintagekramer.com

you can access the forum through vintage kramer or my vh-guitarstore web site

all your kramer kwestions kan be answered their

Comment

Thanks for the link

Comment

With one hum, a Floyd and a "1" in the title, was it MAYBE a Focus 1000 ???...Fine little guitars, but $200.00 is ALL DA CHEDDA for one...

Comment

Yep, that's what I was thinking, a 84-85 Kramer Focus 1000, made in Japan by ESP. The Japanese Focus guitars with have serial numbers starting with A-G and FIVE numbers. The USA guitars will have 4 numbers(generally). $200 is about the going price for a decent one.

Comment

Working...
                        X