Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell a USA BC Rich????

Ok. I know jack s@#t about richs'.
    I'm looking at a "Gunslinger" and an ST 3?
    Were these always US made or were there import versions?
    If there were, how do you tell 1 from another?
    What about graphics?
    Were they only available on us guitars?
    Forgive my ignorance.
    Any help is appreciated.

Re: How to tell a USA BC Rich????

if u got a pic it would help made in usa usually says made in usa. there are some early ones with no made in USA on headstock logo. there should be a neckplate that says LA, california USA not just bcrich. some with out neckplates will have serial#s stamped into the back of headstock. if is says any kind of series its an import. hardware is another good way to tell USA from import.

Comment

Well, to add to what Jamie said...

Graphics were only US custom for BC Rich...so if it has graphics...(unless it was refinned) it's most likely US.

Gunslingers were USA only...while the ST3 had an imported counterpart in the NJ series.

Check the neckplate...if it's a USA, it will say that on the plate. All others will just say BC Rich, with a serial # on a block.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Think I'll jump on 1. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I sold import Platnum series BC Riches new with graphics finishes. The most popular was a snakeskin style finish. Just be sure it is infact a Gunslinger you are looking at. Also, any model made under the Platnum, NJ, and Rave series (mentioned on the headstock) is imported.

Comment

Working...
          X