Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member here. Question about Lado guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here. Question about Lado guitars.

Hi everyone! I wonder if anyone knows anything about Lado guitars. There's a music store in my area selling a couple of them. They're sort of a PRS style with a flame maple top, set neck, tunomatic bridge. The guy at the store said that they're not Canadian made like most Lados, but are an offshore product. He didn't know if they were Japanese, Korean or what. I'm seriously thinking about buying the trans. black one, but I'd like to know some more about them first. I looked at the Lado site, but it appears the only guitars they have on the site are Canadian made.

By the way, the only Charvel/Jackson product I own at the moment is a dayglo orange Charvette. Don't laugh, it's a great guitar (once I changed the Floyd and pickup anyway)
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: New member here. Question about Lado guitars.

The Lado import line is all made in Korea. I've had about 6 or 7 of the Canadian made ones, and they were excellent. As for the Korean ones, they look good, but dont expect a Korean guitar to be as good as the custom shop ones, and you'll be happy.

Comment

LOL, I hold no such illusions, but for the price ($499 Canadian) it seems like a good buy. Do you know where I can get some information about the Korean made ones, such as what kind of wood is used, etc.

Comment

$499 is pretty cheap, but I just dumped 3 of the Canadian ones at a guitar store, and theyre selling those for $299, $599, and $599CDN, which shows you that used guitars are a great deal. The 3 guitars cost $2000, $3000, and $3000CDN when new. Joe doesnt post anything about the Korean crap, because like all manufacturers, he just signs a contract to produce a bunch of guitars that has his name on them. With Korean guitars, they use low quality woods, like Nato. Legally, they can advertise Nato bodies as Mahoghany, and thats how all those Epiphone-philes get fooled into buying Epi thinking there is no difference. A typical Korean guitar leaves the factory with a direct cost of $50-$100US. Koreans get paid very well, so you can do the math to figure out how they have to stay in budget.............

Comment

I have a Lado Canadian Devil (one of 12 ever made) and it's real nice. Got it used off Ebay. I spoke with Joe at Lado over the phone for a while before I purchased it. The guy knows a lot but can be cranky at times but answered all my questions about the guitar. I'd give him a call.

Comment

Maybe I'll give Joe a call and see what he has to say. I would hope that he wouldn't put his name on them if they were really cheap and crappy. Next time I'm there, I'll spend a little more time and really give the guitar a good once over. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X