GMW guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW guitars

Looking for opinions on quality of these guitars from Troy (the reverse Demartini is sweet) or anyone.

Checked their website and they graphics look awesome. Do the graphics look as good in person ? Any imperfections/flaws in paint or assembly?

Also, are these guitars with graphics (ie Demartini Crossed Swords) in stock waiting to be shipped, or are they made to order? If made to order, how long is the wait?

Will GMW come down from the advertised price on the site. Thx for any and all responses.

Eric.

Re: GMW guitars

GMW is top notch. I got mine about a month ago and it is by far the best playing and looking guitar I have ever owned. The graphics actually look much better in person IMO. Pictures do not do it justice.

As far as prices, you'd have to call and talk to Lee. I'm not sure if he has any guitars ready made to go. I can tell you that mine took a VERY long time. 9 months to be exact, but it was well worth the wait.

But I would highly recommend GMW. They rule!

[ December 12, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: jem777az ]

Comment

I have 3 and a 4th on the way. Two were custom and two were "ready made". Usually the ones shown in the classified section are built and ready to ship. I can't get enough of his stuff and I'd be hard pressed to spend money, for a new guitar, elsewhere.

Comment

I never bought a guitar from Lee but they did a refinish job on my Model 6 that is just f'n killer. It was a standard cobalt blue with the three mini toggles. They deleted the switches and put in a 5 way. They replace the Jackson trem with a Schaller, repainted it black and did the Jackson Pile O Skulls graphic on it. I absolutly recommend their work. It is flawless!!!! Dan even signed and dated the back of the headstock in gold pen. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Most of their luthiers have either worked at Jackson or BC Rich in the past. That should give you a good idea of how the quality of build would be.
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Sir shreds - I got a Brown Python and a Purple Jake. Maybe you can get qty. discount, but for what you're getting, I feel, it's a bargain.

Comment

Love mine. I ordered 2 at the same time, only discount was no shipping charges.

Comment

Hey Vito,

Which "ready made" models did u get and did they come off the advertised price at all ?

The ones I am looking ate $1200 on the site.

Comment

I echo everything that has been said above. I doubt they'll come off the advertised prices but how could you expect them to? $1200 for a CUSTOM MADE guitar is practically un-heard these days! I think GMW is far and away the best deal out there today. Wait time will vary depending on what you want done. If the parts are already in stock and all you'll need is the graphics done and assembly, it'll run like mine... About 6 weeks. But if you want No Inlays, a reverse headstock, or something similar it adds dramatically to the wait.

Fork over the dough. It'll be the best money you've ever spent.

Comment

GMW is GREAT! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    I own couple of custom made and many of my guitars are setup by Lee at GMW.
                    I have 2 more on the way too.
                    And Lee is the greatest in this business.I love talking with him at his shop. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing but good things to say about GMW and their guitars. Awesome stuff, and great people to work with. Top notch all around.

Comment

I recently placed my first order with GMW a couple of weeks ago, after much deliberation. The opinions that I received from customers about their satisfaction with GMW were overwhelmingly positive, so I'm really excited about receiving my guitar from them sometime next year.

Soloist, you said that most of their luthiers formerly worked either at Jackson or BC Rich. Can you expand a bit on exactly how GMW's operation is set up? Everything I've heard has sounded as if Lee does everything himself with Dan handling all of the graphics, but I always thought that didn't sound right. Do you know how many people actually are employed by GMW and how their duties are delegated?

As for discounts, I doubt that's going to happen, especially for a first-time customer. When I unsuccessfully tried haggling with Lee, I was politely told that they basically add up all of the options you want from the price list and that's pretty much it. But again, from everything I've heard, their prices are very reasonable for the level of quality you receive. I know that after I visited the shop and had an opportunity to look around at what was there, I was sold.

Comment

Here is mine. Outstanding guitar. It shreds. Of course, I bought it used for $750

Comment

Well, I have been sold on the GMW's. Gonna order one soon. Lee states it will take 3-4 months. Is this pretty realistic for those who have ordered from him? Would hate to order and be waiting like a year or something like that.

Comment

What is it exactly that you're ordering? Some special requests will take more time.

Comment

Working...
                              X