Best acoustic... Nylon and Steel strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best acoustic... Nylon and Steel strings

Well, the title speaks for it self, I guess. Being a huge marty fan I also have to check Alvarez. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Best acoustic... Nylon and Steel strings

Taylor
    seagull is great for the $ but nuthing compares to high end taylors IMO. & boutique / handmade customs dont count

Comment

Taylor.YES.
      I played these at stores and they sound real good.
      I compared many acoustic guitars at stores like Yamaha,Takamine,Gibson,Martin,Ibanez,Guild,Fender( they do make acoustics) and few others.
      Taylor played and sounded real sweet and crafted well.
      My favorites are Jumbo body ones and 600 series.
      I want one of these 614C or CE [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd take a Spanish Fly over any of those guitars. It's just so cool........

Comment

I don't know what price range you are looking at but I love my Santa Cruz
          model D (SCGC). A friggin' canon, loud and boomy. I will sell every guitar
          I own before I sell it. You can find a nice used one in the $1400-$1600
          range. I like Taylor six string models, but they sounded kinda weak for
          what I like to play. Although I'd really like to find a Taylor 655 (12 string),
          but they've been going for top dollar lately.

Comment

if you can, check out godin....they make a thin acoustic/electric that is also available in nylon string. think of playin a nylon string that feels (bodywise) like an electric. steve stevens used one in the vh1 billy idol storytellers, if you saw that. they're about 1200, and really really nice.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, on an acoustic guitar, there can be such a huge variance in tone/quality from guitar to guitar, I'd hate to say 'x' brand is better than 'y' all the time.

Case in point: the music store I taught at was a Taylor dealer, and focused on acoustic instruments. At any one time there were around a dozen taylors on the wall, and a TON of used acoustics, and they also dealt Takamine.

Every once in awhile I'd run across a 'freak' acoustic guitar that was a lesser brand - like a cheap Tak or a used Alvarez, etc - that would sound nearly as good as a Taylor! I had a 410CE for awhile, sold it, and within the last year bought a Guild USA acoustic for about 1/3rd of what I paid for the Taylor. The Guild sounds GREAT, but I wouldn't recommend Guild from that one guitar... you really need to just play a ton of acoustics and see what you like. I would be scared as hell to buy an acoustic over the net or 'sound unseen'.

Pete

Comment

I have a Taylor 614CE. Love it.

Comment

I'm not sure how much $ I should save up to. Better take a round in my local guitarstore and see what I like.

Currently playing on a nylon Alahambra, if anyone ever heard of that
                  I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

A pretty nice thinline A/E:

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearc...2=AC175&P1=GTR

I have one. I've yet to find anything I like better.

Comment

I own a Alhambra classical guitar, its a good study guitar (new 500$ 13 years ago, it has a good sound and plays very nice), but it is not suited for concerts, it does not have an 'open' sound like the more expensive concert guitars have, when I perform with it, the sound does not really blow through the room, it kind of stays within 5 meters of my guitar and then falls a bit dead.

I want to buy a new one, but like Jackson USA's and Customs, an excellent study or concert classical guitar costs at least 2000$ and probably more.
                      I don't know what brand I'll want, and what woodtypes I'll want. I have not really looked yet, I'll do that in 3 years or so (when I have finished study, found a good job with a nice paycheck).

But judging my classical and electrical playing skills, it would be more sense for me to buy an expensive classical guitar instead of buying a Jackson USA, cuz I am not that good on electric guitars, below average even I think (I can fastpick like crazy, but that is about it), while I am above average on classical guitars.

and for the record: I can't play steelstring acoustics at all, to me those are just annoying pieces of wood which dont play smoothly.

Comment

thats is so true my buddy has a 68 guild d-28 (i think) acoustic that was unfinished & tung oiled & its sounds so much nicer than almost every other guild ive heard not nearly as bright as usual & much warmer sounding, but its not the norm.

Comment

Working...
                        X