Performance Guitars ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Guitars ??

Anyone have any experience with these guitars? I think Warren DeMartini is using them among others, but I never really hear much about them including on the web.

Whats the quality, price like? Isnt this a japanese company?

Re: Performance Guitars ??

They are in Hollywood, expensive, and good quality...........

Comment

Isn't that Alex Lifeson used to play back in the late '80s?

Comment

Alex Lifeson was part owner and player of The Signature Guitar Co. like these:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/krohdes/Crusader.htm

http://www3.sympatico.ca/krohdes/Oracle.htm

Performance are entirely different.........

Comment

Tom Morello from Rage (and now Audioslave)'s main guitar for over 10 years was his blue "arm the homeless" guitar. to quote a magazine, he 'hated every part of it' . He replaced everything except the original body.

outside of his thoughts, I dont know anything either.

~E

Comment

I had a Performance guitar about 10 years ago bought from John Norum later stolen from my car.
            Strat body(cream)with SH pickup configuration,1Vol, 3way switch,birds eye maple neck, strat headstcok, GREAT guitar.
            I still miss it so much and I did even order a replica of it at ESP but Performance played so much better.

I would say, the same guitar, GMW will build one for about half of what Performance guitar will ask for.
            They are expensive and not sure of quality these days.

Comment

Thanks, Accept. Such generic company names--it's easy to confuse them!

Of course, now Lifeson endorses PRS--although he admitted in a recent interview (Guitar Player, I think) that he doesn't actually record much with them--he said he's been recording mostly with a Telecaster for years. Go figure.

Comment

Steve Vai's "Flame" guitar was a Performance.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Actually, didnt Perfomance guitars start out as a parts company, on the same lines as Warmoth?

Kent
                  4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

They did parts and repairs first, just like a hole bunch of companies.........

Comment

I remeber an article on Lifeson in a guitar mag from back in like 1986. He said he was using Fender Strats that he modified with 2 humbuckers and a 3 way toggle. He wanted a Les Paul in the shape of a Strat. Sound familiar? He had a wine red one with black pickguard and a white one with black pickguard. I think he even used a Floyd rose on one of them.

Performance guitar parts were kind of common around here in these parts back in the good old days like 1986-87. There was a guy here that built guitars using these parts and the guitars would turn out great. He used the Kramer style headstock on Strat style bodies with pickguards. They were eith one humbucker on humbucker single. They played great. I thought they weny out of busines until Doc Dryer posted a snake skin Warren DiMartini model. He said they are very expensive. You might want to talk to him.

Comment

Yeah, they were once a parts company like Warmoth. I think the Flame Guitar was one of their specialties or something like that. I saw them advertising the Flame Guitar in an old ad. That's what Steve Vai did when he was with David Lee Roth, I think. He went to Performance one day and bought a lot parts and put together some guitars. Check out his site for more information.

Comment

check this out for more Performance info

http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/lieju/ Performance *****!!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

As a matter of fact I think someone sold a performance on this board.I remember looking at pics of it black body maple neck.Looked very much like a dinkey.I heard they are very good guitars.warren from ratt has a sig model out with them.

Comment

i live about a half hour south of L.A., i called performance 4 or 5 months ago because i was looking to get a strat of mine done in real snakeskin. i got one of the employees on the phone
                              and told him what i wanted to do, and to have it look like warren de martini's. the guy told me that warren now owns performance guitars, and i asked him twice to reconfirm what he said. he said that he owned performance a second time, but i have not had anyone back up that statement. does anybody know about this? i think performance started out on long island did'nt they? my partner had serial # 3 of the flame guitars they built in the 80's.
                              tommy
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X