Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone estimate the value of my Ibanez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone estimate the value of my Ibanez?

Know that I reside in Holland, so prices are obviously higher here than in the states.

I might want to sell my Ibanez custom S-series somewhere in the next few months, but only if I know I can get a decent price for it.

anyway the specs:
    it's a custom made (at least that is what the inlay on the 21st fret tells me) Ibanez S-series (superthin body & neck), I bought it about 6 or 7 years ago 2nd hand in a shop for about fl 2100,- (in euros that would be (not counting inflation) around €1000 )

Made in Japan
    Serial#: F348319 (I don't know if Ibanez serials give any usefull information)
    bodycolor: purple sunburst with gold hardware
    woodtypes (I dunno, am not that skilled in those)
    rosewood fingerboard (22 frets)

pickups: H-S-H
    IBZUSA F2 humbucker (bridge position, which I replaced with a DiMarzio Dualsound last spring, but I plan to replace the original pickup, cuz I want to keep the Dimarzio.)
    IBZUSA C3 singlecoil
    IBZUSA F1 humbucker (neck position)

it has 1 volume knob and one tone knob.
    5-way switch (not of the standard variety, the previous owner replaced it with a more expensive switch (dunno the type)).

Licensed Floyd (looks very different from normal floyd or schaller)

I have lost the trem-stickthingy (whatever it's called), and I can include an universal hardcase (nearmint condition, havent used it much, since I find gigbags more usefull).

dunno what else to tell. it has some damage as you can see on one of the pics below.

anyway, what do you guys think of this guitar, and what it's worth (ok I know some of you hate Ibanez, but I bought this guitar before I knew Jackson, and if I did know Jackson, it would probably be too expensive for me anyway (new ones still are)).

Re: can anyone estimate the value of my Ibanez?

About $2.35 American. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Never ask that on a Jackson Forum [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

what were you thinking?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

You could probobly pull about $400US on Ebay, but thats about it..........

Comment

Go to www.jemsite.com and ask them in the Forums there... They will give you a better idea.

Comment

ok, I will.

for the record:
          I need to sell something, because I havent payed for my lovely Jackson Rhoads Pro yet.

So Either I must sell my Ibanez, Charvel 475DLX (which isnt worth enough), my Gibson Explorer 90, or sell the Jackson Rhoads Pro.

Comment

im from the netherlands too....and maybe im interested in your explorer....could you give some more info?

Comment

hehe ok 2bad [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

in america, that would cost about 4 or 600 bux new. But since it's used, it'll probably be about 2/3rds of that price. u do the math lol. i'm lazy ^.^

Comment

i had a similar guitar in mint condition...
                  it went for $425 or $450 used.
                  your guitar looks like its less than mint [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  so i'm thinking in the $300 to $350 range.
                  just my 2 cents.

Comment

That looks like a 540S, the gold hardware was an upgrade option. They ran about 800-900 bucks new. The body should be Mohagony. The board should be ebony instead of rosewood. But if its lighter in color then its probably rosewood. They sell used in todays market for about 400 bucks US. Those pickups are Dimarzio's And the neck plate probably says USA on it. Its not It is as you said Japanese.
                    GIL

Comment

hehe, I just bought the explorer about 3 weeks ago [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X