Cort Effector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cort Effector?

Anybody have (or have experience with) these?
    I guess thay are kinda cheap Korean plywood. But I really dig the idea of onboard effects!
    One of my first axes - WAY back in the day - was
    a white Explorer copy Effector. I gave it a custom blood-drip finish -- it looked quite
    b|tch|n'! I forgot what I did with that guitar!

I see 'em on ebay a lot. Crazy asking prices!

R

[ December 08, 2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Cort Effector?

I used to own one of those. I think that means that I've owned way too many guitars. I was amazed at just how cheap it was. I've seen some decent Corts before, but I guess in order to keep the price down, the budgeted costs of the effects, meant that the rest of the guitar had to suffer. I paid $100CDN for mine, and I thought I overpaid..........The effects really blew.........Oh yeah, mine was a black explorer shaped. They also had Strat shaped ones as well. I also once bought a Les Paul copy with builtin effects. It didnt have a name on the headstock, because they were probobly to embarassed to lay claim to the disaster they made, but the effets were layed out differently than the Cort.....

Comment

In 1982, they were $119 at Sears. My parents cheaped out and got me the harmony.

Comment

I had TWO of them. The first one I had I got in '87. It was a blueburst Strat body shape copy with a Kahler ripoff style tremolo. The second one I got around '88 and that one was the typical black Explorer style. Both were cheap and cheesy.

Comment

Working...
        X