Dean Time Capsule -- Pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Time Capsule -- Pic!

I know nothing about these but may aquire one in a partial trade deal. All I know so far is it's a Z and it's perfect.
    Fill me in. Are they cool? What do they sell for?

Well, this camera sucks in a BIG way, but here it is. Its Cherry Sunburst, NOT Tobacco!! *stupid camera....*

[ December 09, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Re: Dean Time Capsule -- Pic!

according to roman's site, time capsules range from $2499 to $2899 MSRP, The Z, ML and V being $2499.
    There are also two on ebay both ML's one has a BIN of $1990 and the other $2249
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Are they actually selling for that much??

Comment

I have one and it's the second sweetest thing I have ever played (Jackson first). I love it!
        No, they are not going for that much (at least lately). I have seen a lot of TCs go around a grand (but not lower)- well worth the money even @ $1500. I would almost say they are THE best US guitar maker...almost. I flip flop everyonce in a while about trading/selling my Gibson for another. If you have the funds - go for it, you will not regret it.

J

[ December 08, 2002, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Back For More ]

Comment

I don't have a Time Capsule, but I did used to own 3 early 80's USA Deans, after which the TC's are modeled. They are really great guitars, and were my first high end models about 20 years ago before I switched to Jackson. The TC's seem to be going for $1300-$1600 on e-bay. I find myself now interested in Deans once again. Just bought a new one this week. You'll like your TC I'm sure.
          Dana <~~~
          '85 Rhoads Custom
          '86 SD Str*t
          '86 Model 4 (5)
          '87 Model 1
          '87 Model 6
          '88 Model 3DR
          '90 650 XL
          '94 KE-3
          '97 DR Amberburst
          '97 Dinky BOFlames
          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Check the Dean website's message board. Lots of Dean freaks on there. I watch the TCs on ebay a lot and right around $1500 seems to be the going rate, many with the BIN option. From what I've read all over the net, they're supposed to be superb guitars. I THINK the first 50 or so were signed by Dean Zelinsky himself.

Comment

Yep, there are lots of Dean fans on that forum. I recently joined it and it's pretty cool. However, it takes a long time to get a response when you post. Not sure why. But that's the number one thing I noticed that's different from this site and theirs. Sometimes you won't see another post for a day or two. It's kinda weird.
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I played a buddies Dean EVO? Primium LP copy about a year ago and it was made in the USA, mahogany body with flame blue maple top,ebony board with traps,bound body neck and headstock I believe, very sweet looking and weighed a TON!! My first impression was over priced($1400) It played nothing like a Gibson LP Classic or Standard or Hamer Studio or Jackson anything, I persinally was very dissapointed in the playability not the quality. It looked awsome and was very well made, but I just could not play that big ass thick neck and the fingerboard felt woody. I can`t explain it, but I wouldn`t spend that much on one, maybee about $500. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                  I played a buddies Dean EVO? Primium LP copy about a year ago and it was made in the USA, mahogany body with flame blue maple top,ebony board with traps,bound body neck and headstock I believe, very sweet looking and weighed a TON!! My first impression was over priced($1400) It played nothing like a Gibson LP Classic or Standard or Hamer Studio or Jackson anything, I persinally was very dissapointed in the playability not the quality. It looked awsome and was very well made, but I just could not play that big ass thick neck and the fingerboard felt woody. I can`t explain it, but I wouldn`t spend that much on one, maybee about $500. Jack.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Slayer!

The Dean EVO Premium is made over in Europe.
                  It usually sells new for around $799.

The Hardtail is the Dean USA model. Very PRS in style.

Kent
                  4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Ditto above. There is a huge difference between the EVO and a TC.
                    The first 50 of each model TC were auto'd by Dean (Z, V, and the ML), but there are TCs not signed and numbered - all high quality machines. Their customer service is superb! Elliot the owner of Dean called me to talk about my prototype and the story behind it - very cool.

JK

[ December 08, 2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Back For More ]

Comment

It was a hardtail and definately USA. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I have an 81 z and I love it. I wish I could afford one right now but I keep buying usa jacksons... Go to the dean site and click on there forum. www.deanguitars.com Lots of good folks there. Greg Crowe hangs out there too. my handle over there is explorer.

Comment

Jeez, you guys rock!! Too cool..thanks for all the info. I'm really not planning on keeping it as I don't get along with pointy guitars, but it sounds like I better not play it TOO much lest it stays, and I can't afford that!

Comment

Play it - I'd be curious as to your impressions of it.

JK

Comment

OK, I got the Time Capsule Z today. It's a cherry sunburst with a nicely flamed Maple top.
                              Very nice guitar. Build quality and construction are suberb. Its a lot lighter than I thought it would be on first glance. Plays great, slightly V-shaped neck profile. Ebony board, HUGE frets. You can shred on this thing.
                              The only negatives for me are, first, I don't get along with pointy guitars, and the 24.75" scale is very strange to me. The only reason it is here is it was part of a cash/trade deal for some other stuff. I'm glad I got a chance to check it out, though!
                              Definately a top notch insturment that needs a good cleaning and is for sale! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X