Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Search for a new guitar

hey guys, i want some input [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

im looking for a new guitar, the price has got to be around 800 euros max; something like the price a KE3 of DKMG fine.

i want:
    -a METAL guitar: black look, shredstuff
    -i love explorer shapes, a stratshape is fine too but; no V's or Warrior like stuff...
    -preferable a string through, im getting a bit sick of Floyds...
    -25.5 scale
    -big body shape; im a tall guy so something like a RR lookes like a kiddieguitar on me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

ofcourse i want a Jackson, but other brands are welcome too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

soooo...make some suggestions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: the Search for a new guitar

You might try to track down an LTD Stephen Carpenter model. It's a string-thru with two humbuckers and one slanted single. It should fall into your price range, but it's been a long time since I saw one. There are a few Schecter Diamond Series models that would probably work for you too; I tried a C-1 Elite and it'd be good with a pickup swap. Otherwise, why not just a DKMGT?
    sigpic

Comment

Find a used Washburn A10 or 20 Stage series. They came in string thru, they were explorer shaped, alot were black, came with either DiMarzios or EMG designed Washburn pickups, and they are awesome guitars.......Oh, and they were all made in Japan, and made very well.........

Comment

I suggest the C1 series form shecter.

Musicainsfriend has a C1 stealth model on sale with actual duncans (not DD's) right now for $499us.

C1 stealth $499
        Set maple neck
        Carved mahogany body
        Seymour Duncan USA Distortion bridge pickup
        Duncan '59 at the neck
        Body, fretboard, and headstock binding
        Tribal graphic at the 12th fret
        TonePros tune-o-matic bridge
        Thru-body tail
        Black chrome tuners

C1 Elite $629

Sleek beauty and upscale features of a guitar costing twice the price! The sexy C-1 body style played by Jerry Horton of Papa Roach includes set-neck construction; abalone binding on body, neck, and headstock; Grover tuners; and 2 Duncan Designed humbuckers. Available only in gloss black finish.

C1 plus $529

This stunning flame maple beauty is appointed with chrome hardware, Grover machines, a maple set neck with fast rosewood fretboard and 24 jumbo frets, vector inlays, a tune-o-matic bridge, and creme body and neck bindings. 2 Duncan Designed humbuckers ensure plenty of tonal punch.

C1 classic $699

Neck-through-body construction
        Seymour Duncan® humbuckers: JB at bridge; '59 at neck
        TonePros locking bridge
        25-1/2" maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
        Vine-of-life inlay
        Mahogany body with a stunning quilted maple top
        Natural body binding
        Creme binding on the neck
        24 jumbo frets
        Grover tuners

Also keep an eye out for some Carvins on Ebay. You can usually pick them up reasonably for around $350 + or - .

Kent
        4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

ive played a few LTDs and i didnt like the feel of em [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
          i dont think ive ever seen a washburn in the netherlands...

that Shecter would be perfect....only...i cant get em in the netherlands and i have a thing against shipping a guitar all the way from the USA...

Comment

That C-1 Stealth is way cool, but I am afraid to spend $500 on a Korean guitar even with all of them features, anybody have one and how are they? Hell, I paid $599 for a Black SL4 Pro and hated it, sent it back, nothing like the USA Soloists [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Have you checked out the Dean website? They have the '79 Series Z's that are really nice. I just bought one for $459 US with hardshell case. Only thing is, the scale length is only 24.5 inches instead of 25. But it's still a great deal.
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

What about a DKMGT from Matt. He's got em for 499. If you can stand a licensed floyd and black he's got a DKMG for 349 right now.

Comment

Sorry didn't read the shipping from USA thing.

Comment

yeah a DKMGT is my no. 1 right now...closely followed by a KE3 (ill block the floyd)

i would love a Shecter...but ive never played one of their guitars so i dont know if i like the neck or not

Comment

U stadt en Nederlans, hoor?

Try Ran Guitars website ?

R
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

lol wtf are you saying?

Comment

Let me guess, "You live in the Netherlands too?" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

lol...well he didnt say it in Dutch [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a KE-3 and if you don't like the floyd, block the critter and shred the hell out of that guitar...

I wasn't sure in the beginning because I had to buy it without testing, but as usual with Jackson I never regretted it. even sold my Ibanez custom because I liked the KE-3 much much better...

[ December 09, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Svart ]

Comment

Working...
                              X