1959 Fender Musicmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Fender Musicmaster

Anyone have a guess at what I could get for a 1959 Fender Musicmaster in VG condition? I've looked on the bay and they've gone for anywhere from 300 to 900 depending on year and condition, so I can't get a good read. Thanks.

Re: 1959 Fender Musicmaster

I think they are student guitars that Fender released in late 50's.
    The neck scale is short.
    That is why they are very cheap compare to 50's Strats.

I one time thought it would be a cool guitar as a collection.
    If the guitar has all original parts and original hardshell case,would be nice.
    It will go around $700-1000 I think.

Comment

A buddy of mine collects old Fenders. What shape is yours in, color, original case? Let me know along with any pictures you have and I let him know. He is always looking for good pieces. He has more guitars and amps than anybody I know, and he's a drummer...

[email protected]

Comment

those pre-CBS fenders usually bring big bucks. how original it is usually effects price more than condition on those old guitars. u might try calling Gruhn see what he'll offer you. double that price & that what its probably worth.

Comment

Sorry for all the bandwidth...
          All original; can't find the silver cap for the bridge - still looking. Original case in good shape. There is some fret wear. Pictures below show the nicks. I have more and better pictures if anyone is interested. Let me know : )

Comment

Thanks for the information - based on the serial number - 38XXX - it is 1959.

Comment

Yeah, that is a '59. I would place it into late '59. That guitar would probably get $650 or so today on eBay. They have been around in price lists for years at or over a grand, but that is just silly. The market does seem to be gaining interest in these. Over the past few months the values on all of these from refinished to all stock has began to firm up and slowly rise. Like said above the absolute coolest ones are the maple fretboard models with the gold anodized pickguards. Yours is still kind of cool as it is a first year rosewood fretboard model that is a 'slab board'. The main difference that really makes the maple fretboard models a liitle more desireable is the fact the nut width is the exact same as a Strat. After introducing the rosewood fretboard, Fender made the nut a little narrower, making the neck feel even smaller.

If you want to read about a cool Musicmaster, check out my '56 that is one of the very first made.

http://www.megalink.net/~jimshine/Musicmaster%20site/

Comment

Cool little guitar. The earlier maple neck versions with gold anodized pickguards are more valuable, especially the 2 pickup maple neck Duo-Sonic's. That looks to be a 1960-63 slab-board version. Pretty darn clean too. I'd say $600.00+.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the info. This helps a bunch.

Comment

Hey! You guys told me my '59 music master was only worth 6 or 700 dollars...look his buy it now:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=930828275

Comment

He is on crack.........

Comment

Hey! You guys told me my '59 music master was only worth 6 or 700 dollars...look his buy it now:
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=930828275
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This guy must be smoking some bad ass $h!T. He added a few too many zeros to his "Buy It Now" [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Notice what the bid is up to. This is either a joke, or someone is on major drugs. I say its a joke. That is a 70's model and is worth $300 tops.

Comment

Working...
                          X