Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCRICH Mockingbird

hey all the BCRich forum sux
    anyone know about mockingbird SHORTHORNS when where they made & did they make them both at the same time. how rare are they, i think im getting a maple one...YIPPY

Re: BCRICH Mockingbird

As hateful as it sounds,Ed Roman's site is a good bet for that sort of thing....

Also there was a guy called Ronz(?)who had a big BC database

Comment

Short horn Mockingbirds were made 78&79 rare I don't know, but the long horn's were much more popular.

Comment

Hey Snoogans What's wrong with Ed Roman?
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

"Shorthorn" Mockingbirds go back as far as 1976
          I had a Koa shorthorn with a signed letter from Bernie Rico Sr. stating that it was one of the first 30 of these to be built. I sold to a collector sometime in the late 80's and it was dated November 1976.

They changed to the current version in 1983. Both Neal Moser, and Craig Chaquico (sp?) had worked on the design together. There was also a prototype version that was built in a limited number sometime around the early 80's, and are really really rare (maybe 15 to 20 of these exist)
          It's in between the short, and current design.

~WX7

Comment

Don't get ME started on Eddie Van Roman! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jamie...here's some pics I finally got around to scanning.

the first one is the Koa Shorthorn I mentioned above.

the second is my Doubleneck Warlock (employee custom)

and the last is my rare Explorer, with the lightning bolt inlays, and Nuclear Hazzard graphic.

~WX7

Comment

It's a serious question I've been thinking about flying to vegas to check out his stuff. If there's something shady about him let me know. I know he's terribly opinionated but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. as far as i'm concerned if you don't have an opinion you're one of the herd. but that's another topic [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

RONZ is a good man and has quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to BC Rich. If you're interested, his website is: http://www.bc-rich.com

Comment

Do a search here and all over the net for Ed Roman. You will not want to give him any money when you are done. Go to Vegas for the gambling, the tits and the shows...not for that dick.

Comment

KEN...holy crap that explorer was up at a store near me i passed on it because the pickups looked too squished & didnt look original to me. screaming lemming signed on the back if i remember. thats like 7yrs ago? its kinda funny i think thats the 2nd employee BCRich u owned i passed on because of the roman factor. that mockingbird is KILLER supreme w/binding did that have the guild pups or were they already using dimarzio

Comment

Jamie,

I changed the pickups in the Explorer to PJ Marx Stillettos...it had 2 DiMarzio X2N's in it when I bought it. The middle pickup was a DiMarzio PAF, but was not added...it was original. And yes, the graphic is a Screaming Leaming.

The doubleneck was originally started by me up at Class Axe, and when the company started it's layoff's...the project went in the can. Ed Roman wound up taking it, and I had to buy it back from him. I did ALL the work on it...finish, assembly, etc...I sold it for $1600.00 about 4 years ago, and it actually wound up back at Ed's for a short time.

Finally the Mock had DiMarzios at that time. I heard they used Guild PU's in some of the earliest guitars, but remember, the eagle, and the Seagull were the first 2 production BC Rich's, and predated the Mockingbird by 2 years (74?)

~WX7

Comment

Let me ammend that last sentence...

The first two production SOLIDBODIES...BC Rich had been in production with Acoustic guitars since 1968. Starting with the B25, and B50 Jumbos
                        as well as a host of handmade classicals.

Ronz is ok for post 70's BC's...but is still a bit limited with his BC Rich history (IMO)

~WX7

Comment

yep ronz is a little limited when it comes to his history/knowledge of the odler ones. its so hard to get info because there are 3 or 4 good sources of info & no of them seem to agree on alot of the facts. alot of times ive used old catalogs & ads to kinda figure out a time line plus the 15 or so ive owned
                          Ken the first seagulls had GIBSON pickups then later guilds then the dimarzios after they got tired of rewiring them to be four conductor.
                          ive seen a few eagles with the guild pups but none of the mocks or bichs. BTW Dan Lawrence who does the graphics for GMW has bich prototype #1, from moser the M in GMW, who is as important as Bernie in BCRichs history hell he designed the mockingbird & Bich

Comment

If I ever have a question about BC History...I go straight to Bernie Jr. for the answer. That's where I've gotten a lot of my facts from...right from the (Junior) horses' mouth! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

~WX7

Comment

ITS MINE...i bought it

yeah i actually just got his # from a friend who verifies ever Rich he buys. MY NEW BIRD

Comment

Working...
                              X