Check out my new weird Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my new weird Les Paul

I just bought it yesterday morning from Dave's guitars for only $1,450. It's a one-off 2002 Les Paul Custom prototype. It is double bound with binding on the back, an ebony board, and weighs 9.9 lbs of pure Honduran mahogany tone !! It comes with the case (of course).

[ December 03, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: TattooedCarrot ]

Re: Check out my new weird Les Paul

Nice.

It looks strange, and I don't know why. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, orange and weird...just like this ol' carrot.

Comment

Looks strange 'cause it is missing the big fret markers and pickguard. But it still looks very nice. I am partial to the MOP fret markers though. They look real classy on an LP Custom.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Just noticed its missing the split diamond headstock logo and it has chrome hardware. Also, blank truss rod cover. Did I miss anything else??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Carrot, that's a beauty! How'd you pick that up for such a good price (if I may ask). LMK when you're ready to trade it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J

Comment

Nice catch. That color is badass. Love the no inlays thing too.

Comment

DUDE thats sweet....im not a fan of gibsons layered binding but thats killer, thats a real 1 of a kind. totally killer

Comment

Very nice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] but it does look strange without the MOP fret markers.

Comment

I don't know why it was so cheap, I got it from Daves's Guitars which is a reputable dealer. It was a prototype for a custom version of the limited colors line. The customs never went into production (just the studios did) and Dave's aquired the three prototypes. This cooper one, a red one w/gold hardware, and a frost blue one. As of yesterday the copper and blue had been sold but the red is still there.

I have EMG's for it, which would look better:

Black EMG 81/85

or

Chrome EMG 81/81 (anniversary)

Comment

o.O omg where do u get all ur money? Do you live in a teeny tiny house, and work a really high paying job or something? Cuz u seem to have gotten like 4 guitars since i've known you lol.

^.^ Very pretty guitar though. I wouldn't be caught playing it, cuz it would look icky on me, but it looks very coolios! How's it sound?

Comment

Nice guitar you've got there

Comment

Thats cool. I like the lack of inlays and the orange color. The orange kind of looks like the new Cadillac color.

Comment

Very very cool Carrot, though I'm a sucker for the block inlays on LP Customs too, but very cool and a great price as well!! The red one sounds cool....

Comment

Stick with the chrome - classy.

Comment

Working...
                              X