Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Kirk Hammett play an Ibanez Iceman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Kirk Hammett play an Ibanez Iceman?

I was in a record store yesterday and there were some band pics under one of the display counters. There was a pic of Kirk wearing a black beret and playing a black Iceman. Anyone ever see him playing this or have any pics?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: When did Kirk Hammett play an Ibanez Iceman?

Are you sure it was Hammett and not J Yuenger? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL It was definitely Kirk! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I was surprised, too.

Comment

If he was wearing a beret it was most probably during the gay Load photo sessions?....he may have been drunk at the time, that's the excuse I'd use for some of those pics... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It was actually a live shot on stage.

BTW, you said gay and load in the same sentence! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 01, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

I never heard he payed an Ibanez, but I wouldn`t be suprised, Kirk and James [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] have switched to ESP [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] over Gibson and Jackson, for that one i give them a group shower: [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Kirk-James-Ibanez-ESP [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I've actually seen him in pictures and live play an Ibanez RG. That's the guitar he actually smashes on stage! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can't remember what tour it was that I saw him do that; either the black album or Justice. Then again, it could have been also during the Load tour. Though it is possible he has more Ibanez guitars, I just thought it very weird seeing him with an Iceman.

Comment

I dunno about the Iceman, but Kirk definitely has played RGs in the past. I think it was in the earlier days before the ESP deal.

Comment

yeah you're right toe jam....that's an RG470 he plays and its the only ibanez that he has 'officially'...never heard of him with an iceman..this could be some rare stuff

Comment

I've seen the Iceman photo. Looks like some kind of club-jam or NAMM thing. The RG was his "break-up" guitar on the BLACK tour during his solo.

Comment

I'm shocked that Kirk can smash a guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If you have seen the A Year And Half-video, I think he plays an Ibanez backstage

Comment

Ive seen (hell Ive got it) that video and I thought it was an RG thing?

James

Comment

Here's another Metallica/Ibanez connection: Mustaine played an Ibanez Destroyer 2. Look in the Garage Inc booklet and you'll see a photo of him with one.

Comment

James played a Jackson V (Gibson styled V body) for a brief period of time in the early ...And Justice For All era. It was white and was perhaps an attempt to replace his old signature white Gibson V.

Comment

Working...
                              X