Fender Iron Maiden Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Iron Maiden Strat

The Fender Iron Maiden Strat has a pickup layout of a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. in the bridge and two Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the mid and neck positions. It has a basswood body.

Have any of you played the Iron Maiden Strat? How is this pickup arrangement in a basswood body?

I have an Ibanez RG560 (basswood, of course) with stock humbucker and two single coils and I want to replace them, hopefully with the Maiden Strat arrangement, except for the JB Jr. which will be a full-sized JB.

My brother (Steve Harris fan) also may want to replace the stock pickup in his Squier P-Bass with the Seymour Duncan SPB3 Quarter-Pound for P-Bass. Any suggestions/reviews on that would be wonderful too.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Fender Iron Maiden Strat

I Played two of them they are Japanese made

and yes they are Basswood.
    the pickups sound good.
    they are realy just a Fender HRR wich came out in the early 90's

one problem is since it is basswood the wood is real soft and the trem post bushings seem to move forward

Comment

I thought that they also made a USA one with an OFR, but the Jap one had the Floyd Rose 2? Oh well.

I've played one, and it hasn't sold in at least a year or 2 in this store, it plays GREAT, sounds GREAT, and I would buy one if I were you. The greatest Fender strat I've ever played and heard. Looks cool too.

Comment

I REALLY liked the idea of a Maiden Strat but when I saw it I was a little disappointed. I had visions of a guitar that looked just like Dave Murray's black Strat with creme Dimarzio's etc, etc. Now,I'll just have to make it myself.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
          I thought that they also made a USA one with an OFR, but the Jap one had the Floyd Rose 2? Oh well.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, Japanese made. I believe they're now discontinued for the American market and only available in Japan. The price seemed a little steep for a Japanese guitar that came in basswood with only a gigbag.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I´ve played one...sounded OK, played good...but it wasn´t anything special for that kind of money.

And, besides, that Eddie-smiley on the headstock is...ahemm...well, ugly! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X