X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of the Ibanez 540P

what do you guys think of the Alex Skolnick Ibanez 540P model

Re: What do you guys think of the Ibanez 540P

I like them. They look quite cool. I prefer the H/H one to the S/H one though.........Too bad they came is such limited colors........

Comment

That was Ibanez' "golden age" to me, although I prefer the old Sabre and Radius shapes.

Comment

This is what Ibanez replaced it with....The later model 540P. Hey this one was owned by our own JimiD at one time........Its cool, but not on the same level of coolness..... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

http://www.songbirdmusic.com/ottasp/odetail.asp?id=3651

Comment

We had an Alex Skolnick model in the store I used to work in. Kinda "reverse-body" look to it. I remember it having the widest and thinnest neck that we'd ever seen! The Bridge pickup,which I think was an IBZ F3, was a monster too! Nice guitar,but I've not seen one since...

Comment

I had one....
            Here's some pics of it.

http://jimosity.tzo.com/guitars/guit...banezRG540PII/

It was a killer guitar, but I traded it for a Charvel 750XL...

[ November 29, 2002, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: JiMoSiTY ]

Comment

So do you guys think i should get one
              i have a guy who want s to trade me my Jackson Dinky Skull for it he will also throw in $200

Comment

I wouldn't.......

Comment

If the guy with the 540 wants to sell, have him contact me at [email protected]
                  I'm interested in getting another one.

I don't think I would trade a Dinky Skulls & $200 for it though. They aren't worth that much.

[ November 29, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: JiMoSiTY ]

Comment

Both of those are very nice!! I went to the Ibanez site and was curious what they are making now, and they seam to heading into a more laid back mode. I didn`t see any RG`s with Sharkfins, like the 320 DLX? I guess they are moving away from the Jackson style to a more Archtop style with dots. Jack.

Comment

Thats a nice guitar. They should have come up with something more original for inlays. Its always been a turn off for me. And Basswood ..?......eh.

Comment

I'm really surprised more people aren't into the Skolnick models. I have 3 of 'em currently. Had 4 but sold one to finance another guitar earlier this year. I played a PHH for about 11 years for hours daily, home and gigs. I have never had a guitar that took such a beating and came back for more. The only thing that ever went wrong was a loose selector switch and jack. Eventually, the frets, trem and metal pickup bezels wore down to the point that squared edges were rounded and I now need it completely redone (future GMW job!). Anyway, the colors weren't that limited on these. I have seen: black, white, hunter orange, hot pink/magenta, metallic purple (similar to the magenta but metallic), purple neon, desert yellow, and a blue quilt top custom (which I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying). I'm looking for a desert yellow one if anyone sees one sometime. These are the only bolt-on guitars that I still like to play. I have a pic of my 4 different colors - if anyone wants to see, email me.

Scott
                        Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I used to own a Skolnik model that was maroon/deep red and had a beautiful sabre that was heritage cherry sunburst w/ flame top,rosewood board with abalone ovals and custom made on the 22nd fret.Both guitars kicked serious @$$ !! I have a pic of myself and the sabre but,I don't know how to post them in my reply [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

email me pictures

[email protected]

Comment

DUDE its should be illegal to trade a USA Jackson for an ibanez.

Comment

Working...
                              X