they're in stock!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they're in stock!!!

Remember when everyone was clamoring to buy these from MF before they sold out?? Well somewhere else has gottem now!! (Now that I think about it it was probably the Gibsons and not the Epi's everyone wanted sorry!!)

http://www.americanmusical.com/item....em=EPI+GOTHEXP

http://www.americanmusical.com/item....tem=EPI+GOTHFV

http://www.americanmusical.com/item....tem=EPI+GOTHSG
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: they\'re in stock!!!

Those have been in stock for sometime now. And they are just the crappy overprice Epi's being sold at nearly the same price as their Gibson USA counterparts were being cleared out for last month.

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, overpriced! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

EPI suck, I tried out a Classic model LP and a Standard model, they are plain way overpriced. But I was think it would make good firewood for a Bonfire!! I ain`t trying to offend anyone here, but I have played many,many guitars and the Epi should be priced around $200 for that quality. The Hamer Imports are way better as is the Jackson Pro. I say put your money there and you can`t go wrong. Jack.

Comment

Good post Slayer. I grow tired of the people who think their Epi are as good as a Gibson........

Comment

Well, sadly, most are. Whether it's in Malaysia or Tennessee a CNC machine does the exact same thing. I did some comparing at Mars a few weeks back and was SEVERELY underwhelmed by the quality of the Gibsons that were in stock. This is discounting normal wear and tear. Completely ignoring the setup and minor finish flaws that probably happened in-store there were still way too many unacceptable (to MY pocketbook, anyway) problems with the Gibsons. Sure, the Epi's all had problems, but at around one FIFTH the price, they're acceptable. A sinking finish on a $3500 guitar is not.

Comment

Well first off, I'm betting you don't own either a Gibson or an Epi. I own several of both and there is a world of difference beyond a CNC machine. #1 is the woods. Epi use crappy laminate and even though they call this laminate mahogany, it is not even real mahogany. If you know anything about woods, the only true mahogany is Honduran. The others (Asian, African, etc) are considered in the same family but the Honduran is the most musical and is VERY expensive. It is what Gibsons are made of. Also, Gibson uses a nitrocellulose paint process that is more costly and time consuming but doesn't smother the resonance of the wood much like the thick tone stifling lacquer that gets plastered over the Epi's. The workmanship of the Epi's are fine and they are great for the money, but no way in hell they are as good as the real deal and anyone who insists they are is either

1. Ignorant

or

2. Angry they can't afford a Gibson

Also, I'm not sure what you were looking at for $3,500 but you can get a new les Paul standard for around $1,500 - $1,700. I just bought a NOS 2001 LP standard in heritage cherry burst for $1,399.

(BTW, I do think Gibsons are a bit overpriced)

[ November 30, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: TattooedCarrot ]

Comment

no comparison my SG deluxe will smoke an Epi.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I've yet to see an Epi Ace that can match my Gibson Ace.........

Comment

I owned an EPI LP Classic and a Gibson LP Junior Lite, no comparison, my Gibson was perfect, the EPI Classic was crappy at best, what a waste if a few hundred dollars. I have heard the older EPI USA models were very good, but you can keep the Korean garbage. I also played a USA Gibson LP Classic, this was 10 times the quality that the EPI Classic was. Come on people there really is no comparison. But as I always say, play what moves you [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

There is a comparison and it's a very simple one. I'd much rather spend $600 on a foreign made CNC'd guitar than $2500 on a US made CNC'd guitar. It's as simple as that. When I look at the price of the guitars in comparison to the qality, the Epi's have a much lower discrepancy to me. After spending the last eight months checking the quality of guitars, I know what to look for. When I look at a NEW Gibson I usally see crap fretwork, messed up finishes, and a way too high price tag for the quality. The Epi's earned my respect for having equal construction quality (NOT material qality though) to the Gibson's (It's hard to mess up CNC'ing something) while being much cheaper. I'd just rather spend my money on four Epi's than one Gibson.

Comment

I'll take a USA Jackson and kick all their asses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hear`s a [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to Black Mariah for that one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

[ December 01, 2002, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

I would rather have a USA Gibson than a USA Jackson in most cases. To each his own.

Comment

You may find an EPI LP Classic for maybee $400-450 priced right without case. i can get a Gibson LP Classic with case for $1250 in anycolor I want except Gold. I would rather pay 3 times for the Gibson than the EPI, they may look the same, but they don`t play the same, the components are different, as is the wood, no comparison. I think the Hamer Imports(not the Slammer) is twice the guitar the EPI is and they are priced abou the same, but then i would take a USA Hamer over a USA Gibson or a USA PRS. Every body feels differently and it`s all [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X