how much for a PRS tremonti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much for a PRS tremonti?

i was lookin through a magazine and i saw the PRS Tremonti model and it looked nice and the list was only 700 somthin dollars. i cant find an actual price on it at any of the stores. how much do they usually end up costing?

Re: how much for a PRS tremonti?

AMS has them for $549.00 right now. I don't think thay had in any in stock, last time I looked.
    American Musical Supply

Comment

Keep in mind those arent the real PRS Tremonti.
      They're made by Samick in Korea. Although I hear they have the real pickups.
      Gil

Comment

thnx guys. does anyone know how they sound?

Comment

Mahogany body too?

Comment

yea it has the mahogany body. it seems like a really nice guitar

Comment

All the Indian built Jackson's have mahogany bodies too. Keep that in mind.

Comment

I dont know about these PRS's myself. Today I played a friends new Singlecut and I will just say I was thoroughly disappointed. It sounded dull and lifeless, and weighed a hefty amount. Just no cut at all, very dark and muddy. That was all unplugged, but the pickups did not help once plugged in. As far as the imports, maybe they sound way different, but I'm talking about a $2800 guitar that left me feeling uninspired. Also, the wood on most PRS's is way overgraded. The 10 top on the one I tried looked a lot less figured then a 3A I had on the Gibson LPDC I had, adn I would say I have seen many 2A tops that would compete.

Comment

I agree, the USA PRS guitars are very overated and sell by reputation alone. They overate their tops and accent them with the way they are finished. That stupid ass "Heel From Hell" [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] is ridiculous also. I played one of the older(1991) one when they had sweet set-necks and were healess, and let me tell you it was sweet, that is when PRS guitars were really nice. The pickups in the new ones are lifeless and muddy, good call on that one too. I just don`t get the whole "I Want a PRS" thing. Put your money with Jackson-Hamer-US Masters, and you will get top notch quality and no bull**** [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

i wanted a tremonti se also.
                    the street price is $399 with a gigbag.
                    but nobody had them in stock.
                    i haven't played one yet but i heard it blows the epi les pauls away.

Comment

MF is selling them for $499 w/gigbag. But you should either be able to find a better price than that at a local dealer, or that price with a hardshell case.
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                      X