I think I'm gonna buy one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm gonna buy one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.rondomusic.bigstep.co...ID=1040941

At this price for a real mahogany, real flame maple top (not fotoflame), fully bound, set-neck les paul style guitar what can you lose?

and check out the harmony central link about them.

www.harmony-central.com/G...op-01.html
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: I think I\'m gonna buy one

Just remember these things:
    "real mahogany" = NATO wood, which is scrap quality mahogany.

"real flame maple top" = mactac like paper thin veneer finish slivered from a piece of maple.

I think these things are made in China. If they stay in tune, they could be useful as a beater. I think because the wood would be so cheap, it might make an excellent Who imitation.....There seems to be alot of these LP copies coming out of China. They dont cost very much but when you pick one up and play it, it just feels like a cheap guitar. At least thats how those Jay Tursers are........

Comment

Funny you said coffee table. My better half threatens to make one of those out of my 76 Explorer all the time because of the mahogany finish. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

As long as your expectationa aren't too high, then it may be fine.
        You get what you pay for, however.

Comment

I bought a natural Les Paul Jr. P90 style guitar from them for $129. It was actually prety nice, especially for the money. yea, they are cheap crap made in China, but I thought it was better than some Epiphones I've owned at 3X the price. no way is it anywhere near a real Les Paul, but for under $200 why not ? The only TRUE mahogan is Honduran, everything else is in the same family, but not really the same thing. Mine was so heavy and thick with gloss I think a bowling alley somewhere in China is missing a lane. I was thinking bout the natural set-neck Explorer prototype they had for $100 but I hesiteated and now they are gone. Probably a good thing though as I already have a prefectly fine coffee table in the living room.

Comment

Working...
          X