Heritage guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage guitars

Any opinions on these? Been thinking of getting one of their es 175 style jazz guitars, wanting to try something different.
    Chris [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Re: Heritage guitars

I just got a Terminator. They make guitars on the old Gibson equipment that they bought when Gibson moved out of their Kalamazoo factory. They definately make guitars that have a vintage feel to them, and that makes them very different from a Jackson.

Comment

I am NOT a fan of their solid bodies...but their hollowbodies are excellent guitars and they are a STEAL on the used market. I have a Heritahe H-575 and it is a KILLER. Some people don't like their choice of pickups, but I like them. They use Schaller Golden Era pickups.

IMHO the best ES-335 type guitars are being made by USA Hamer. The Newport is an AWESOME guitar. Hamer does not make a full hollowbody like the H-575 but the Hamer Newport kills Gibson and Heritage right now.

Comment

Had a friend who's brother had one, one word SWEET!!!! They are way better than Gibsons, and everyone who plays them aren't all stuck up either [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] . They are heavy (he had one of the Les Pauls) it was like straping on a 40 pound weight! The action on them is realy low (not as nice as my model 3 though! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) They are awesome [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] , get it, buy it play it!

[ November 27, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Wow ]

Comment

GMP. 'Nuff said.

Comment

GMP?!?! Which model of theirs is even remotely like an ES175? Even if they did make one, it would probobly be 2 or 3 times the price of the Heritage.....

Comment

That was in response to Wow's post about the Heritage 140 or 150 model.

Amd if GMP DID make an ES175 style guitar, it would also be two to three times the guitar.

I take it you've never played one?

Comment

Ah Chuck now ya got me pissed. I look at gmps site and will probably start obsessing over one of those next!!! I saw the pics of yours too, REAL NICE. I need another solid body like I need another hole in my head though. Anyway its the 175 I was looking at now (575) I'm just trying to get some opinions on them since I live probably 2-3 hrs. from the closest dealer. What is it you don't like about em? They seem to get pretty good reviews except for people complaining about the factory set ups.
                Chris
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Actually I've never played the 575, but there are plenty of folks who like them better that Gibson.
                  I have played 140s and 150s and they are quite nice. I was thinking about buying one till I played a GMP. That fish was fried by the third chord!
                  Just for the record, I've owned plenty of Les Pauls, and the GMP has Gibson coverd as well.

JMO!!

Comment

Chuck, youre missing the whole point of Heritage and Gibson. I'm sure in terms of playability, I would prefer a GMP to either any day of the week. Comparing them is the old apples to oranges thingamabob. The GMP is a modern take on an old design, while the other two adhere to the original designs from the 1950's. Some people want that vintagey feel, and excess weight. Its like comparing a 57 Chevy to a Ferrari. The Ferrari can beat the Chevy at anything, but theres alot of people out there that want the Chevy. I just dont see how the GMP can be compared to them, just because they have a similar body style. For me, I prefer the modern guitars like GMP, Jackson, etc but there are alot more people out there that want Gibsons and Heritages. The only Gibson I own is an Ace, and the only Heritage I own is the Terminator. Neither guitar gets played, because I favor my Model 6s, and Washburn Mercury's. But man those 2 guitars are sure cool to pull out and impress people.............

Comment

Good point, Chris. I understand what you're saying now.

Comment

Working...
                      X