Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow CALIFORNIANS....Jackson Guitar shops please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow CALIFORNIANS....Jackson Guitar shops please!

Hey guys,
    I'm leaving for CA tomorrow morning for a week and a half. Can anyone recommend any good guitar shops in the LA area (I'll be in Mission Viejo) that have Jackson's?

Also if anyone in CA wants to meet one day for a beer or to hit some stores please email me or give me a ring...I'll have my phone with me too (708-945-0402) I'll be in CA til Jan 5th.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's All!! Keep it safe and designate those drivers.
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: Fellow CALIFORNIANS....Jackson Guitar shops please!

I live in New Mexico, but I was born and raised in San Diego. In San Diego I could only find one place that carried Jackson guitars and it was, um, Guitar Center. I don't know about LA or Mission, but if all else fails, go to GC. When out of town, the first thing I do is find a phone book. Nearest GC is your best bet. I went to the one in San Diego and they had a bunch of Jacksons. I even got to play a KV hardtail thing, I think it was a KVX10 or something like that. I didn't even know they existed. Hey, while your there, say hi to the Pacific Ocean for me and extend your thumb and little finger and say Shaka for me to the waves, better yet, go surfing. I miss my ocean....................Hope this helps.

Comment

Hey Jon,
      Yeah there's gotta be no less that 20 GC's in CA [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I know the one in Hollywood is decent...I'll be hitting as many as I can find [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I'll say hi to the Pacific for ya...is Shaka Hawaiian for something?

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

GC in Lake Forest (right next to Mission Viejo) has a decent Jackson section. The last time I was there they had a couple nice soloists on the wall but most were cheaper imports.

Comment

Joel,
          you can try your luck on the pawn shops around GC in Hollywood(you have to be lucky to find a good deal because students from MI are fast at tracking cheap gears).

Or you can check out West LA Guitar(i think that's what they call them), guys there are way cool!

You can even try your luck at MI, i think the school have a for sales board for they're students. Just get a visitor pass from the front desk and Wow Lar!! If you are lucky, they will invite you to the school's clinic.

Hopefully this is helpful
          Cham

[ December 26, 2002, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Chameleonfong ]

Comment

There's a place called Squid Music at Orange County, it's an authorized dealer of Jacksons. Go to Jacksonguitars.com to see the store locations. I dont know this store well, though. If anyone purchased a guitar there can you give me a reply with some information? I want to buy my first Jackson there.

Comment

Hey Joel & Giga,
              Yeah there's a Squid on Beach Bl. in Stanton.
              Lots of imports there, the staff is kinda laid back/uninterested, pricing isn't that great....

On another matter, are you into tribute bands at all? I'm going to a show in LA Saturday night
              4 bands:
              Iron Maidens
              Hangar 18
              Empyre
              Lemmy's Wart

See if you can guess what bands are being "tributed" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

R

[ December 27, 2002, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

wait a min, you're buddy jesus, aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                X