Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for cheap bass

Hi

I have a quite cheap bass which isn't anything great but does what i want it to do which is just recording. The playability is ok for me but the sound could be a bit better. As i don't want to spend much money (buying a new and better bass) i thought about a pickup change. Now with guitars it's known that emg pickups don't depend as strong on the wood as other pickups. So now i am thinking if that's also true for bass.
    So it would be cool if you guys can name some good pickups which will make sense putting into a cheap bass. Emg or other brand, doesn't matter. Of course no expensive pickups as i don't want to spend too much money and i think putting $250 pickups into a bass i bought for $30 from a friend doesn't make much sense.
    I try to buy them used so i guess it will take some time to get them on ebay but some names as for what i should look out would help me very much.
    Also any recommendations about electronics ? I figure i will change the complete electronics out of the bass as they are a very cheap passive system.

Obviously i don't know anything about bass guitars and bass pickups that's why i am asking you guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Re: pickups for cheap bass

there a jackson j2000 active electronics on ebay that will work with about any set passive pups. search for jackson bass
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Re: pickups for cheap bass

Of course it depends what kind of sound you want... and some guys think passive pickups sound better than active. If you're just looking for the most bang for your buck go DiMarzio. They sound great and they're about the cheapest around.

Comment

Working...
      X