Jackson bass pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson bass pickups

I got a set of J-20 and J-150 pickups that are passive (no red wire). Were these ever used in US Jackson basses, or just the Professional Series? The only place I can find them on the web is the Jackson Japan site http://www.jacksonguitar.org

Re: Jackson bass pickups

Actually, that's just a fanclub site like the JCF - this is the official Jackson Japan home page - http://www.jacksonstars.com/

And yes, those pickups were used in the USA models for a time.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yea matt, sounds like he got a set like i traded you for.i'm going to send him the pics you sent me
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I finally found all the info I needed on the Jackson Museum site, there's a scan of the late 80's electronics manual posted up there. It's got everything, including wiring schematics! Turns out I have a J-20, J-150 and JE-2000 circuit board.

I had guessed right on the wiring, what confused me was the guy didn't send a 3-way toggle or blend pot with the rig. The problem now is I'll have to either drill another hole in the Kelly Pro, or find a stacked 250K/250K linear taper with center detents to replace the seperate treble & bass controls.

I'm pretty bleary this morning, but glad I found the manual. If the guy that runs the Museum site ever comes here, thanks a bunch man! And if anybody needs a copy or wants to host it, I can wrap up all the jpg's in a zip file for you.

Comment

mitch, let me know if you want the blend pot.i don't need it and if it would help you great [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            And yes, those pickups were used in the USA models for a time.

Newc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, cool. The guy I got them from claimed they were from an '88 US model. Then I saw the same pups in MIJ Pro models circa '90/'91 so I was wondering if it was BS. Do you happen to know what years they were used in the US? Also, who made these for Jackson? Thanks again, you guys rock!

Comment

Jackson made their brand name pickups in-house.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Thx VG. That's pretty cool because they won't sound like anybody else's pickups. The stock P in my Pro STD actually sounds really good, sweet tone without too much bitey top.

Let me ask you this - are these supposed to work in passive mode without the JE-2000 board? I tried the J in passive mode and got zero signal. A Duncan worked fine in it's place... do I need the JE-2000 to get a signal out of these?

Comment

Working...
                X