Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Bass - please help me identify it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Bass - please help me identify it.

I bought a bass off ebay for a friend of mine. It is a Charvel with the guitar logo. It's black, bolt on, pointy head, single P pickup, p-bass shape, really heavy duty bridge on it, not one of those cheapo ones. The bridge and pickup both say Jackson on them.

Anyone have a clue?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Charvel Bass - please help me identify it.

does it have a maple fret board? if so, it's a model 1b
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry I failed to mention that. Yes it is maple on maple. What do you think is a good price for one of these?

It's in excellent condition, and I was surprised at the quality of it. The hardware is nice and solid, as is the rest of it.

I paid $155
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's too funny. I just bought one off shopgoodwill.com and wanted to find out what charvel animal it was. Mine has the dual single coils. I didn't think the body went with the pointy eighties headstock though. I have seen an '82 with the fender headstock that had an identical body and pickup/bridge configuration. The neck is slightly off so maybe someone added a later neck? Not sure but it sounds great! I wouldn't change out the pickups. It sounds better thank my p/j fender!

Hey it was only $78 which included shipping. check it out - they often have great instruments for a low price.

Shop Goodwill
        or another good site is
        Steal it Back

Police stations auction off confiscated goods!

Comment

Working...
        X