Reccomend me a Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend me a Bass

Sometime in the future i would like to buy a Jackson/Chravel Bass, or any other bass.

I like the Pointy shape style blodies, but normal ones will do.

I'm really getting into Primus stuff, so i think i want a 5 string.

i (try) to play guitar, and don't really want to get soemthing that feels cheap. I done with that.

Re: Reccomend me a Bass

look for a 90's professional concert v. newc had one for sell not long ago but i don't know if he sold it or not.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

If you want a KBX, let me know.

Comment

Dude just go out a try some at your best local stores ...I know I always get ~whomp!~ for this but I was never a big fan of Jackson basses ...They did make a few that looked nice like those concert series (John Lee Middleton always come to mind)that Ive' never tried before ...so I can't comment on those.

I did play a weir pretty cool easy to play Jackson about ten years ago ...and CM just did a set up on one ..Jackson only made 'em for like one or two years ...it has fairly small body with really enlongated horns...the headstock was a weird shape ..I slapped the shit out that thing ....I don't know that name of that model ...but those basses play pretty cool..kinda weird lookin...different ...anyone know this thing that I speak of.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

G&Ls 2000s are my all time fave..Those things are like apart of me ...second nature ...I had six new ones in 25 years!!

and I'm buying another one...soon ... I always get excited whn I buy a new G & L 2000 I think I'll get a five string with a Hip-shot! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Schecter Stiletto Elite-4. I just bought one. Neck through, beautiful, nice tone, and got it at Guitar Center for less than 500.00. They have them tagged at 589.00, but my salesman knocked 100.00 off of it without me even asking.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

AlexiL are those Usa made...??!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree, Schecter make some KILLER basses. Even most of the Korean made ones play great.

Rich

Comment

Horns, is this the bass you played?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tiGravity_Bass

It's a good bass and lightwieght, but I think it's looks is what makes it unpopular.

Ever notice that this [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] has no bassist....

Comment

oh, and I recommend the Conklin GT4. 450 dollars and it has a full 24 fret neck, two bartolinni pups, slap switch and other numerous various knobs, and a totally killer finish with a slim neck made of purple heart. I plan to get it asap! Check it out at the conklin site.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    AlexiL are those Usa made...??!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Horns:

Nope, made in Korea, not the USA. The setup is done here in the states, though.

I was surprised at the excellent quality for the money.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Man I wish they had all these awesome , very playable basses when I was a kid...

back then it was basically Fenders and Gibsons..Basses..basically

or for he real nice ba$$e$ ...it was Ken Smith or Alembec ....which I owned both ...

Ken Smith's are awesome ...but costly..

That Conklin sounds intersesting

I like natural wood finished basses..my G $ L was a very dense Swamp ash ...and with those very hot "magnetic field " pickups ...what a punch in the face ....I love those Pups...for tapping ...slapping ..whatever!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I just wish thet made a 24 fret.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the input.

my friend just got a new bass for christmas.

it's a ibanez srx400. man this a nice bass. even through a pos 50 watt rogue amp it sounds nice.

it has that seinfield sound to it.

i learned my first bass stuff on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Primus - too many puppies that song is grand.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
                          Schecter Stiletto Elite-4. I just bought one. Neck through, beautiful, nice tone, and got it at Guitar Center for less than 500.00. They have them tagged at 589.00, but my salesman knocked 100.00 off of it without me even asking.

- E.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that. I played 2 of them at GC one day and man those things sound freaking amazing! Great slapping sound and punchy as hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X