C5MJ....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5MJ....?

I´m considering to get a C5MJ bass, could you guys tell me some "stuff" about these basses. Are they considered to be "good" or are they just junk? I think it looks really cool, and it´s fairly cheap also. I´m going to be playing some heavy music on it; like: Fear Factory, Skinlab, Machine Head and Crowbar. Thankful for some info....
    That´s all for now, C ya! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    B är elakare! /Mårten hagström, Meshuggah

*Charvel 475
    *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Re: C5MJ....?

It's Jackson's highest-level production bass (next to the AntiGravity, I guess, but I don't know if those are USA Select models [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ) so it has to be at least as good as the older Professional models (like the Concert V from the mid-90s). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks, anyone else want to chime in? Need all info I can get on this nicelooking fivestringer! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

*Charvel 475
      *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Come on people!
        More info is needed on this cool five-stringer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

*Charvel 475
        *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Come on! You know you want to! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

*Charvel 475
          *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

I don't have a CMJ, but I do have the CMG 4 string, and it was by far out of the many basses I've owned, the best deal. Made in Japan, I didn't have to touch it...it played perfect. Action was just right and has been for a year. Quality is excellent. Great in the studio or on stage. Only thing I don't like about it is there's no separate battery compartment. I also have a US Jackson JJ. The CMG is at least as good a bass if not better. The JJ listed for$1600. If the CMJ is made in Japan, it's going to be quality. If it from Korea, all bets are off. Could be great, or it could suck. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks man! Guess I´ll look up where it´s made before I buy it.

*Charvel 475
              *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

Yeh i got one
                They are a pretty cool bass, the best one i've ever played.Nice bright tone

Comment

Yeh i got one
                  They are a pretty cool bass, the best one i've ever played.Nice bright tone

Comment

Bringing this one up......
                    I can´t seem to find one of these babies anymore, are they discontinued?

*Charvel 475
                    *Jackson JX-3 preamp

Comment

I got my bass player a C5A bass off ebay new in the box without a case for $160. Made in Japan. Pretty nice bass. Cant beat the price. Here is an Ivory C5A from the same seller I got mine from. C5A

Comment

As far as I know they are discontinued.

Comment

Working...
                        X