Kelly Bass nosedive cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Bass nosedive cure

I own 2 Kelly basses, a KB1 and a Professional. Here's a quick fix for the balance on the Kellys. Remove the strap button from it's original spot and replace the screw to fill the hole if you want. Remove the top left neckplate screw, put the strap button on it and replace it. The nosedive goes away.
    This also works well on Dean Vs, MLs and Zs. I've never had any griefs with any of my guitars I've done this to. If anybody knows of any problems that could result from moving the strap button to that location, let me know.

Re: Kelly Bass nosedive cure

I wanted to add that this does not get rid of nosedive totally, but for me it was a improvement. You also may need to go to a 1/4 inch longer neck screw on the Professionals.

Comment

You could probably also do what Newc did to his bolt-on KV: Put the strap button at the front end of the body, at the heel joint - just below where the neck meets the body.

'bane

Comment

I managed to dig out the picture he posted of it:

Comment

I always noticed that, in guitars where the strap button is BEHIND the guitar as opposed to on top of it, nosedive is a problem. This goes for V's, Explorers, SGs and guitars that are based on them. NEVER a problem for Strats and Strat-style guitars, though.

Manufacturers should look for a way to put the strap button in a better place.

Oh, well. God love the Kelly bass. I'm so sad I have to sell mine. If anyone reads this and is interested, it's on eBay right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rrric:
            I own 2 Kelly basses, a KB1 and a Professional.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which is better?

Comment

Working...
            X