refinish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refinish?

some of you may know that i recently purchased an early san dimas jackson bass from charvel750,thanks again joe she is sweet. butit's been a working bass as the finish is a little beat up. what i'm asking is would a killer gmw refinish be worth it or would it hurt the value of this bass?i'm leaning towards the skeleton stair case with the blood drip fret board but that's a lot of dough and i've other basses i'm am trying to buy. any thoughts guys? thanks
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Re: refinish?

The fretboard paint thing is uber-expensive and I don't think it's reversible.
    But, these things don't draw a lot, as you have seen, (except when you, me, Todd, and Rob are fighting over one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) so I'd go ahead and do whatever you wanted to.
    I'm going to do a fabric finish on one of my Concert V's, so hey, jump in the fire [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think the refin, it a refin by GMW, certainly won't hurt you in the value dept. of the bass. Not many people are really after the US basses, but they are far and in between. It's a matter of cash I suppose (spendy). I refined my first jackson bass, a kelly at GMW. Man, Lee and Dan did a super job! The only thing is now I almost regret doing it. Being I was the one that beat the living *$^t out of it and now it is so minty [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I miss the old bruiser [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

Comment

I agree with Rob and Newc, I don't think it would hurt the value a bit as long as it was done by professionals like GMW. I have had them do work for me and they are top notch. Even went above and beyond and polished my gold hardware for me too. Just be sure and contact me first when you decide to sell it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

do you want it before or after the refinish?or a trade maybe? i know you got some killer basses. btw, i can't get in your site anymore.i always did like that hazard sign bass. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] everyone can flame me now but i would like to have another bass with a trem, yes i do use mine.

[ November 11, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: peabuddy ]

Comment

Hey Peabuddy check out Customairbrush.com
            & give Daneen a call she does some killer work,& her prices & turn around time is great.
            According To The Prophecy

Comment

thanks drake i'll look in it. have you had any work done and have any pics?

Comment

I'm going to have a Warrior done by her soon in a pile of skulls air brush covering everything but the frett board. Joe charvel750 had a Warrior done by her the one that is his avatar, there was a thread on it here if not Joe should have some pics of the Warrior still. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

are you talking about the dragon? that one is sweet but i liked the smoking skull vee he was using before.

Comment

Working...
                  X