WORTH???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORTH???

I recently found a USA Jackson bass and here's the deal...

Reverse headstock, P and J style active Jackson pu's, Someone evidently didn't like the Jackson logo so they sanded it down and removed most of the plastic cover as well, (a little part still on), it's definately from the early to middle 80's judging on the condition. The last fret has the number 58 86 or as much as I can tell, the pu's have the string burns on them as well as case cracking (the cracks are minor), on the G string, it appears the tuning key cracked the headstock a half inch down to the edge of the headstock, the neck is maple/maple with black sharktooth inlays that have a few popping up...most of them actually, and last but not least, the back has the usual buckle rash as well as having the what appears to be the clear coat being rubbed off.

I apologize for the lengthy description but I figured I had to be as accurate as I can be. Can anyone that me what the approximate value/worth is on this bass? I figure I would have to spend a few bucks on getting it to where it should be.

Thanks!!

Re: WORTH???

Being a true Custom Shop bass, with maple board and ebony fins, reverse headstock, and needing a good deal of repair (headstock, inlays, frets - if the inlays are popping out I can imagine the frets look like steel nuts [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - then there's paint/finish and replacement pickups), I'd say $600 with case if you were a huge fan of Jackson basses, and were not hoping to restore it and sell it to make a buck. In restored condition, it might get up to $800 depending on who's bidding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: WORTH???

I figured around 600 or so. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X