help with value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with value

I recently purchased a JX45 5 string bass in transparent red. I've been trying to find some info on the bass, but havent had any luck. Anyone familiar with them and have an idea what it might be worth ?

Re: help with value

X-series - India or Japan?
    I'd estimate the resale value based on the current demand for import Jackson basses to be $200-$250 tops with case.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you Newc !

Comment

Newc, do you still have your SD bass? I just got one myself, wondering its value. All black, Student model, with EMG's, a split single coil and one humbucker, each with its own volume and one master tone control. J0135 so early 1984. Condition is good. Lots of dings, scratches, and nicks, but plays perfectly and tone is excellent.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Joe - I sold mine to RobL a while back - P and Humbucker like yours. Wish it woulda had fins on ebony [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Anyhoo, Student model basses really don't go high, especially if the finish is beat. The humbucker thing is a rare occurrence from what I've seen, so that helps. If you're looking to move it Peabuddy might be interested.
          I think I got mine for $3xx something? Can't recall now. Only thing I really didn't like about it was the flatsawn head - the headstock bows forward after a while.

Newc

[ June 01, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks, Newc. I bought it for a few reasons: it's the oldest Jackson I have ever had (early 1984), it was too good a price to say no to, and I'm trying to get my bass player away from his Ibeenhad collection. You should have seen his face when he sampled the Jackson and let the thunder rip! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
            X