Identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification help

It is a Jackson 4 string bass, transparent milky blond finish, set neck, sort of a JJ body with arch top like a DKMG, C-20 headstock, satin chrome hardware, Gibson Les Paul type bridge with string thru body, Duncan Designed Pickups. Serial number is 000003 at the end of the fingerboard. I don't have a pic because it's at a pawn shop for $400.00. Anyway, does anybody know what model it is? Is it a Custom Shop with that serial number? Do you think $400 is a good price? Any other info? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Identification help

I think the bass is an LS bass from what you described. They are in the 2000 and 2001 catalog. Ash body, maple set-neck, tunamatic string-thru bridge. It's an import model. One of the only Jackson models I know of having a set neck.

Rob

Comment

Rob,

Do you think $400 is worth it?

Comment

Pawnshop? that's a key word here. Almost everything at a pawnshop I see is priced based upon the Orion Blue Book or an roughly educated guess, so with that in mind I'd say..lowball a little.

I know little about basses, and there is little about the LS that I can find, but you can comparatively judge the value of a piece to it's competition if that is not stating the obvious. Given the features..and the serial number it's probably worth in the ballpark of 300.00-350.00.
        A low serial number doesn't necessarily mean it's collectable or a custom shop altho prototypes have had low serials on other makes. Take it for what it is.. an import.. it may not be collectible for another 10-20 years if that.

I know a pawnshop will budge a little is the instrument has sat there for a couple months.. if it's newly up, then you have to guess what it's worth to you.. sometimes you end up with a deal, other times you end up paying a fifty-hundred more than it's market true value depending on how bad you want it.

[ February 10, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

$400 is as low as they would go. It started out at $499. I don't think it's worth it but I don't know. I don't know much about basses either, I'm a guitar guy. It's for my bass player.

[ February 10, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Charvelman ]

Comment

well, when it comes down to it, if your bass player likes it and will use it then it's worth it...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
            X