AG Bass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AG Bass...

UGHHH... How freakin ugly is that! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Check out the new bass line on the newly designed Jackson site.

Re: AG Bass...

I don't care for it either. I had a chance to buy a proto but passed.

I wish they would have stuck with the original neck thru concert bass that looked like the solist. That bass killed. Now the only way to get it is through the Custom Shop.

Comment

Those have been around for a while now.

Not real pretty... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

horns,if you hate jackson basses, why are you here?out of the fifteen i have ,my custom shop and 3 charvel neck thrus play the best(to me)and have killer tone.i have a dean explorer,3 arias, ibanez, and a warmoth parts mutt with a jazz style profile neck with emgs and it doesn't compare with the jackson or charvels. i've never played a g&l though, so i can't comment on that.have you got any cds?i've got to hear the greatest bass player alive! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Myself I am a big fan of Jackson basses. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I do prefer the electronics in the older ones, JE-2000, which are found in some of the old charvels to. The neck profiles are killer on all my Jackson basses. Gotta love Jackson basses!!!

I don't care for the AG bass shape myself, just not for me. I to wish the Concert series bass would be brought back into production (USA). Us bass players need a few options other than the custom shop.

Rob

Comment

I never did or ever will be a fan of Jackson basses....Had a couple just for a back up because it was a decent cheap fix.
            What do you think of that! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Z Honest
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There's a lot of weird-shaped basses out there, so I figure that someone at Jackson thought they could get back into the market with something "unique". Honestly, if I was in the market for a new bass -- and if they cut the price WAY down -- I might be interested in an AG. I've got the Concert-style Charvel 3B and the Fusion IV with a Collen-style body. Both are great, but I got them for really cheap or I'd probably be playing a Washburn or Yamaha.

I'm wondering if they ever made more AGs than just the prototype(s), because I haven't seen them advertised anywhere.
              sigpic

Comment

Peebuddy ...that's nice , I'm very proud of you [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Britney Spears sold over 50,000,000 records ...boy she must be the best singer alive....You dork [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                If all you own and play is Jackson basses...what would you know. I owned and played Jackson basses ...They're OK but that's it...in the big realm of basses.
                When I think of guitars ...I think Jacksons /Charvels / Gibsons / Fenders and Whatnot because they are among the best.
                When I think of Bass ....it's all Ken Smith / Alembic / M.V. Pedulla / Warwick / Music man / G & L and so on ....I hunted down all the Coolest basses and paid big money for them because they are the best Period...I wish I could just settle for a Jackson Bass and call it a day (Sure would be alot cheaper), but I know better.
                I own and love Jackson Guitars because they are awesome that's why I'm here. If Jackson didn't make some of my favorite guitars I wouldn't be here [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Don't take this crap serious if Jacksons are your favorite so be it . Just sharing my Knowledge and Non-Biased opinions of high end quality basses that I know and love! I'm positive if you do a poll on any Non Jackson Board ...I am sure Jackson basses won't be high on any list....Now a guitar poll different story...Ya see what I'm sayin

Bill Z Bass ...Bass god (In Cleveland anyway) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ November 30, 2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Go, Horns, Go [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ALSO if you take this post seriously your silly and not in a good way
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now that's funny as hell.

Comment

Yeah Hotrod , I deleted that line in my post because unfortunately some people don't have a sense of humor and get all bent out of shape over trivial words.....You can call me a flammin blow boy...I don't give a crap...but everyone's not like me...Thank Goodness [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill Bass Z...see Bass is my middle name [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The best bass player in the entire universe and most of Ohio

Comment

You can get the Concert style bass in the JacksonStars line now - as well as a Kelly Star and a Rhoads - with graphics, even [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Try getting FMIC to add those to the Professional lines [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

horns, i still want to know if you have any cd's.i really want to hear you play. i'll probably never see you play as i'm in nc. as for high end basses, i can't afford an alembic, but i just can't see where anything over 1000 bucks could be any better.a friend has an old p bass, and the neck is to fat for my taste, i like the slim necks on my j/c.i had a rick at one time,which was really thin, but the e string would pop of the nut when playing hard.btw, do you use fingers or pick?i use both depending on the song. later
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

No unfortunately ...I just have a bunch of old crappy videos tapes of gigs and crap / misc. cassetes. I'm playing guitar in Evilution with John (Cleveland) at the moment and sold all my bass gear out of boredom and to focus on guitar...Which I love playing more than bass.

Depends on the song . Sometimes I mix it up alot . I go from pick to fingers to slap to tappin ...whatever I feel fits in that moment. I'll try to find some old crap of mine and try to post it somehow . Regardless I 'll probably will be filling the bass spot in the studio for our Evilution stuff. Unfortunately It won't showcase bass too much as I need to play for the song and the songs wern't written with bass parts and will be added last at the last minute to fill the hole until we find a bassist

Later

Bill Z

Some of those old P bass necks blew ...don't judge them all by that by any means

Comment

I've owned a MVP 4 why is that a four sting never carries much clout anymore.. MVPs are awesome but my Smith was nicer. For the money nothing beats a G & L 20000L ..IMO but remember I owned those high end basses as well

[ December 02, 2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Working...
                              X