This will be busy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be busy...

A place for all two of the bass players here!

How cool!... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Re: This will be busy...

Since I am the best bass player in the world , I proclaim this my domain.....So what do you want to know ... Iv'e been there done that BIG TIME!!!!

Slapping / Tapping / and The best Bass gear money can buy........

Ask away

Bill Z Bass
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Three bass players, do I hear 4. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't play bass!! Well, not really...

I'm better than Michael Anthony... hehe..

Comment

Oh yeah....this'll be hot bed [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I have two Jackson basses - a San Dimas Concert Student bass and a Professional series Kip Winger sig model - made of Lacewood [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            And yes, I can play them both [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NEWC...I remeber that Kip model... I remembered when he endorced Hamer......Why do I know this , I don't even like Kip? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Well I had an 1976 Alembic Exploiter artist model ( It was Eric Carmen's bass , I bought it off his mom) It was a work of art but I hated to play it. That bass was valed at $4000 back then ......wish I still had it.

I also had a M.V. Pedulla / (2) G & L L2000 (the best basses ever!) Ken Smith Custom Burner / 72 Fender P with Batrolinis and Bass Kahler / Kubicki X Factor (Stu Hamm) / 4002 Rick /
              Warwick Vette model

Amps :76 Ampeg SVT w/8 10 cab / Ampeg SVT II stack with 4 10 and 1 18 cabs / Carvin Pro bass "Red Eye" stack with 1 18 and 4 10 cabs / GK 800rb with Hartke xl cabs 4 10 and 0n3 15 / Peavy MAX with Peavy 2 18 / 2 10 cab ....biggest bass cab ever made!!!....

My Bass Influences : Tony Levin....This man was biggest influence!!! I saw him back in 1982 with King Crimson with a Chapman Stick.....That changed the way I played Bass forever.....
              Louis Johnson / Victor Wooten of Bela Fleck / Stu Hamm / Eddie Van Halen

I do not worship Billy Sheehan or Les Claypool ........great players but they have failed to amaze me [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bass

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've got two Charvel basses, a 3B neck-thru and a Fusion IV bolt-on. The active mid-boost in the 3B died recently, so I got an EMG EXB active enhancer. Now, I just need to get the recording process going with my band, so these monster get put to use.
                sigpic

Comment

Well we will see how it goes and if it becomes a waste of space we can remove it ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

You got that right Leo made the best basses in the world...G & L L2000s are awesome!!!

Bill Z Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                      I can't play bass!! Well, not really...

I'm better than Michael Anthony... hehe..
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who isn't better than Michael Anthony?!? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Michael Anthony is nothing special as a player , but he is solid and his backing vocals is part of the classic VH sound...gotta give him that much...
                        Originally Billy Sheehan was second runner for the original line up , but Alex didn't want anyone to steal any spotlight from his bro...true story

Bill Z Bass

Comment

Yeah, true, I do give him credit for his vocals and playing. Good for him. I also remember hearing the story of how Eddie really wanted someone in the band that was more of a virtuoso like Billy because he wasn't all that thrilled with Mike's playing.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Uh Hello....Bueller!!

How can I build 'em if I can't play them?!

(Well...Leo Fender couldn't play a note to save his life, and look what he did...so just throw that theory out the window...LOL!) [img]graemlins/tongue3.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Michael Anthony fits the band perfectly I agree his bass playing is basic,but thats all they need/needed the probably would'nt have gotten that big with Billy don't get me wrong he is incredible but I think the whole bottom end would fall out because he is more of a guitar/bass player and VH didn't have a rhythm guitar player. I guess it would be like (not quite) Tommy Lee joining AC/DC. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X