Truss Rod / Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod / Bridge

Hello, I have a Jackson DXMG. I use very heavy strings .70 .56 .46 .36 .26 .20. I need to adjust the truss rod for this size strings, at least I believe so because they buzz on a majority of the frets, and they didn't the first time I had them on. But, I was wondering how I would be able to put a standard tunomatic bridge with stop piece on it with the body cut out the way it is for the floyd rose. Any help on either of the problems would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Truss Rod / Bridge

please help me!

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! Those are some SUPER heavy gauge strings!!!

Ok, now that we have THAT out of the way...

First off, on the string buzz... Chances are, you WILL have to make some truss rod adjustments but first and foremost, you must realize that you're not gonna be able to have super low action with strings of that size on there so you might just try raising the action some.

Secondly, converting the guitar from a routed floyd to a Tunomatic will most likely cost as much, if not more than the guitar itself cost you to do it right.

PLEASE tell me you don't tune that guitar to standard 440 pitch.... With those gauge of strings it's liable to look like a Bow to shoot Arrows from!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ December 23, 2002, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Troy from VENTT ]

Comment

Dude buy a 6 string Bass

Comment

Jeez, my wrists hurt just thinking about those size strings! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Are you a bassist or guitarist? My friend still swears by 8's, but sheesh.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

im a guitarist. no i dont tune to standard, i tune low to high AEADAD. my action was pretty low last time, so im thinking it is just the truss rod. i dont have the tool to loosen the truss rod, is it just a hex wrench? the bolt appears like it is. i had an idea, wouldnt it be possible to just put the stop tail piece and the tunomatic bridge pieces after that cut out in the body? the strings are well long enough to compensate that, and then some, and i dont care what it looks like really. if not ill just have to get a new guitar *cries* i love shelly! thanks for your help thus far in my unorthodox problem.

Comment

good point. thanks alot, everyone.

Comment

good point. thanks alot, everyone.

Comment

Nope, that wouldn't work. Your strings have to be a precise length from Nut to Bridge for intonation purposes. Not to mention... What about your Bridge Pickup? It would end up being to far away from the bridge to retain it's cut.. It would end up to round sounding, like the neck pickup.

Comment

Working...
                    X