number order on jackson's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number order on jackson's

quick question for you that might know the answer, were the soloist's of the 90's made in order from there sereial #'s or did they float around, like #U06555 get released before #U06495?
    thanks for the help [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    jon

Re: number order on jackson\'s

It's a safe bet they were kept in better order than the bolt-on's were (mixed plates and all).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well being more specific, brett has what is to be the last shannon produced(with all shop emp. sig.)#U06723 and mark has one w/gold hardware that is #U06815, almost 100 number diff.

Comment

thanks newc, i guess that would explain why there are more than just the original 100 shannon's, bretts was going to be the last one but they made a few more just for the hell of it.
        both of mine are very early sereial #'s a black one #U05896 and a slimer #U05683 and i just swithched over the black one with black hardware, looks nice.......thanks again newc [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

this might be a stupid question, but did shannon make any basses?
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

no question is stupid [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] unless it's coming from me.....
            not to my knowlegde, they were all soloists with the single single hum(SL1 style) pup config. and they were only made in 4 diffrent colors, 2 in white(w/black hardware)6 in slime green(my favorite)and the rest in black and blue ghost flames(don't know the specific # on those) but i think there were around 120 of them in all, oh and there is a rumour that 1 was done in an orange sherbert color?? never seen it though
            thanks
            jon [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Stamping the serial number in the end of the fretboard is one of the last things that gets done in Ontario. Until that time, the guitars do NOT have a serial number assigned. I would guess that after the "last" Shannon was made, somebody else wanted one and it got made a week or two later.

Comment

There were no Mike Shannon limited basses made, but of course Mike made basses for Jackson during his reign at the Custom Shop. One other (often overlooked) issue with the U0 serial number schemes: keep in mind that the numbering was for all USA Production models of the era, which included Soloists, Rhoads, and Warriors from the spring of 1990 through about 1995. That's when the King V and Kelly became standard production models. So, as an example, if you own a Rhoads with serial number U0 0059, you have in your hands probably around the 20th Production Rhoads ever made, not the 58th, get it?
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Simple - they started the last one and assigned it the number based on their guess of how long it would take to do it, and it's possible it got put on hold when orders came through that had to be filled. A special project like the Shannon would get pushed aside for NAMM items, Artist orders, etc etc.
                  It could have been that Brett's was put away and others that were started later were finished first, since the first and the last of a special edition will generally be slightly different or have more attention to detail, which would take longer.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

charvel750, i have #1991 a 4 string bass with a kahler trem and ebony board with dots. can you tell me anything about this guitar? btw, neck plate has san dimas

[ December 24, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: peabuddy ]
                    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                    X