got my FR tuning pretty stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my FR tuning pretty stable

I had some issues with this quite a while back, but thanks to some of the users on here I got it under control I think
    hopefully this will help someone else out too

good luck!
    Last edited by uglijimus; 03-25-2019, 02:27 PM.
    Please visit my all metal youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/helmoftheantilemon/videos

I haven't watched your previous Youtube video(s) or looked at your previous post(s) where you sought help, but changing your spring configuration should not have been a factor, all else being equal in the setup. But hey, perhaps while reconfiguring the springs, you might have surreptitiously nudged another tweak that actually contributed to achieving trem stability, so definitely no complaints there.

I have about half my guitars set up in the W spring configuration and the other half in the E spring configuration. I don't notice any differences in tuning stability.

Your voice is very clear in the video even under the helmet. Are you wearing a lav mic on your collar?

Comment

actually you were one of the users who helped out with advice in a previous thread so that thank you was to you and others. Maybe you are right, and after I did it, I thought "this can't be right..." but the evidence is right there. However, I will say, since I put new strings on I have noticed that they are not as perfect as before, but were talking about a minuscule amount of the strings going flat. I'm still happy.

Here is my original video where I wasn't so happy...

I have a sansa mp3 clipped to the side of my helmet. I then put that in izotope's RX 4 advanced and clean it up with a balanced EQ profile and then apply noise reduction to it. thanks for the compliment. It takes a very long time to edit.

Comment

I dug back in your post history and found the thread where I contributed. No wonder I forgot about it, it was nearly a year ago!

Really enjoyed your videos. Watching both helped me to get a baseline for your trem problems and to understand your frustration. Also, really, great job editing.

Since, by the second video (first in this thread), you were able to achieve stability doing what you did, I have the feeling you're going to stick with that method. If it works for you, why change it up? We guitarists can be pretty stubborn sometimes, adhering to strange rituals and traditions even though they might make no sense empirically or they're theoretically not supposed to contribute to better performance.

If your strings are still going a minuscule amount of flat after playing and using the trem, try this. Do a very quick small pull-up on the trem. It's explained in more detail in the below video, but this little trick seems to "snap" or "reset" the strings back into tune somehow (or at least less flat than before applying the trick).

Comment

thank you again. It's been bugging me since I posted here nearly a year ago. I'm not gonna say I had sleepless nights over it, but it has wayed heavily on my mind. I knew I'd get a lot of dislikes on it (the first one) but I wanted to let everyone know I did everything in my power without buying something new to fix the problem. I know how people get criticized for not understanding a FR and I didn't want to be a part of that.

It's possible in my last video I pulled up as the last maneuver and it put it in perfect tune (I'm too lazy to go check it out)

this video was interesting. I decided to subscribe to his channel. I never noticed the string bend thing though. interesting!

Comment

so a bit of an update: for the most part, it is staying in tune. Except for the G string. and it seems to depend on the day? but it's not a deal breaker. still much better than before.

Comment

Working...
            X