Takeuchi JT-580 Screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takeuchi JT-580 Screw

I apologize for the basic question, but what is the brass screw for?

https://imgur.com/a/NoDcymg

Thanks

Looks like it is part of the trem bar assembly. Why is it brass? For the tonez, of course!

Comment

Don't know for sure, but my guess would be something like a Fender V-trem. They had a spring and maybe a BB in the trem bar hole to keep it from flopping around. Might be something similar if you take that screw out.

I only have one Tak trem in a Kelly, never had the bar, so mounted it solid with a wood block.

Comment

I think it helps keep the trem arm tighter so it won't flop around.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. After some additional digging it looks the JT-580 and the TRS-101 trems (Ibanez) are identical and there is a spring as DonP suggested (parts V and U on the diagram).

Comment

I always thought it was so you could adjust the stop point of the trem bar, so that once you wound the bar in it would tighten up and and stay at a certain point.

I have a TRS-101 on a Japanese Fender strat body. I got so used to the standard Floyd Rose style arms on my other guitars with the collars that I cut down the block on the Takeuchi and installed a genuine Floyd trem bar. It took an little filing as the hole for the bar is a little too close to the high E saddle, but I got there in the end.
            A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

I guess I should find a trem arm for mine someday LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                I guess I should find a trem arm for mine someday LOL!
                Some of the standard screw in Fender style ones will fit. I had a non-original one with mine, screwed in fine.
                A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
                X