Stealth SSH positions 2 and 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth SSH positions 2 and 4

I got a used Stealth and was wondering if positions 2 and 4 are supposed to be hum-free (like on a Strat). I am getting the same amount of hum when positions 1,2,3 and 4 are selected, which makes me wonder if this is the way the pups were originally wired or this is a later "improvement".

Thanks
    Last edited by DR5Guy; 12-01-2018, 11:13 AM. Reason: wrong title

Can't say, but I do know that electrical devices near the guitar (like a computer, or a rack, or the amp, or even certain household lighting fixtures) can cause a guitar to buzz.

If the switch is only a 4-position, I'd say it was modded. I think only Teles had that switch?

Also, is this the H-S-H version? If so, 2 and 4 should be split-humbucker+middle single, and if the middle isn't a stack, then yeah, they'll hum unless the middle is RWRP. Then again, the whole point of a humbucker is to not hum, so when you split it, they hum.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I believe the neck and middle pickups are J-110. My question boils down to this: is the middle pup reverse-wound reverse-polarity? If it is, there will be noise-cancelling in position 2 (neck+middle). So far it looks the neck and the middle pups are identical (i.e. the middle is not rwrp) and that explains why there is hum in pos 2 (unlike in a regular strat, where position 2 and 4 are hum-free).

Comment

Working...
      X