EMG Set: 57/66 Vs 81x/85x ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Set: 57/66 Vs 81x/85x ?

Hello world, im about to change my pickups (sd mayhem set) and there are 2 emg set for sale in my country, the 57/66 black chorme top and 81x/85x black, same price both, complete kit. I have never use emg pickups in my guitars, just played a guitar with emg pickups but like 5 years ago.. all i remember i liked it.

I'm recording really heavy demos in drop b right now and i find my sh6 too crisp for what i want and lack of output, i'm looking for a "the devil in i" tone, i really like it.

Which one would you recommend?

thank you
    Last edited by blackhatch; 11-10-2018, 12:00 AM.
    [SoUnDcLoUd]

I have never had 57/66 emg pickups, but I have the 81 and or 85 in all my favorite guitars.

Comment

85 all the way

Comment

i like the 89s too
        Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
          i like the 89s too
          If 89 avail yeah big fan of those. Have your cake and all that.

Comment

Well..i bought a 85/60 set of pickups...the 85 sounds amazing in the bridge!! I really like the sound.. 18v of course!! Sounds killer!!

Something curious, never imagined the pickups could be the problem...with my ex sh-6's i tried drop A tuning and it sounded weak! I thought the strings could be the problem..or the guitar it self, idk. While i was tuning my guitar (after the emg pickups install) i tried drop A tuning..i had 3 springs in the back(11-60 strings), the guitar sounded so well that I'm stuck in drop A tuning and it sounds killer!!! I thought the sh-6 were high output pickups good for low tunings but nope, drop A-B is too much for them, that's emg territory!!
            Last edited by blackhatch; 11-18-2018, 07:39 AM.
            [SoUnDcLoUd]

Comment

Working...
            X