Jackson pro series setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pro series setup

Hello guys new to this forum. I recently purchased a Jackson pro series King v Mah. Love the look of the guitar pickups sounds great and besides the shitty pickup rings that are bending I am pleased with the quality. One problem I am running into however is the overall setup of the guitar. For one I am getting fret buzz when I play the the lower notes on the guitar. In addition to this I find that the action is not even. Also as I move up the neck on the high e and b string certain notes are not clear and the action is not the best past the twelfth fret for all strings. This is my first Floyd rose guitar. Would this be something easy to set up or would you suggest paying my local music store $60 to do the setup for me. Sorry if I did a bad job explaining I am not well versed in the language of guitar setup lol.

Would like to add that the intonation is perfect. The only thing I am having problems with is fretbuzz, certain notes ringing out, and the action as I move up the neck

Comment

learn to set it up yourself, plenty of videos on youtube. start by checking the relief.
      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
        learn to set it up yourself, plenty of videos on youtube. start by checking the relief.
        Yeah that’s what I ended up doing. Not as difficult as I imagined and I’m stoked that I learned how to do it myself instead of paying some greasy guitar center tech $60 to do a setup that would take 20 minutes max.

Comment

I still take my gear to the shop.
          I may do the minor stuff myself as needed, but I take it in once or twice a year for that 'bonus' work.

**Because of my travel schedule the last few years, that once/twice year routine has gone out the window. But so has my playing time. I have guitars that haven't yet been touched in 2018.

Comment

I asked around here, searched a lot on the internet and eventually got a bit of a grip on the set up stuff.

I managed to get my Kelly from buzzing basically everywhere on the Low E and having dead frets with buzz on the a and d as well to playing basically flawlessly now with bridge and truss rod adjustments. I still get a touch of buzz on the Low E but I'm in drop D and the action is super low with .10s so I'll live with it.
            Plugged it you'll never hear it.

Comment

Working...
            X